Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Overcrowding

I enjoy using herbs for all sorts of purposes, culinary, household, hot mats etc and earlier in the year I took some cuttings from our main rosemary bush, I had quite a successful take rate and when they outgrew their pots I transferred them into something larger. Apart from watering I didn't take much notice of the young plants until..... something else started to grow in the pot, it grew and grew, flowered and then bore fruit.
Here you can see it growing over the basil and leaning into the wall where DH hooked it up to protect the fruit. Which was a cucumber. Maybe the seed it was in some recycled potting soil as all the other cucumbers are in the veggie plot, then suddenly this fungi began to grow too, what a lot going on for one little pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment