Saturday, November 18, 2017

Caves and finishes

Years ago now, I made Rebecca an advent calendar with little pockets, its a bit of a ritual now to fill it up and she enjoys her daily treat. I have done really well this year and by mid November I had only two presents to find.
We both enjoy our crystals and so I decided I wanted to go to the gift shop of some local caves to find something that would suit.
The caves are about 40 minutes away, not far and it was a nice ride in the sunshine.
Now I do not ´do´ caves, can´t even watch cavers or pot holers, gives me the creeps, however Chris persuaded me to give it a go.
It was very interesting of course, I just had to keep a lid on my thoughts, have a look at the video he took






I found what I wanted in the shop so we headed of to pay Rebecca a surprise visit as she had a day off work. Just need to wrap the presents up now.

I have been adding to the dolls set made for Leocia adding some things for Maia
A little blanket to keep dolly warm
I am making an elephant for Maia, still in bits! and thought a little sleeping bag would keep her snuggly
Leocia has started dancing lessons and ballet so I thought leg warmers would be just the ticket
Need to make some for Maia too

Finished off a jumper for me, but I´ll save that for another post
Take care
xcx




4 comments:

  1. Those caves look very interesting, very civilised being able to walk around them to explore, different from when I went potholing in my teens, it was dark, wet and there wasn't any room to even stand. It's not something I'd do again. I wish I had children in the family that I could knit things for, though on second thoughts, I'm not quite ready to be a granny just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m glad I did it but not bothered to go again, your potholing sounds awful, bet you were glad to get out. At least making small items they knit up quickly xcx

      Delete
  2. Wow the cave is amazing.... nice that it is so well lit. Did you find something to add to crystals? Lovely to be making things for the little peoples ....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did find something, a little cluster of amethyst and a selenite heart. I´m sure she will love them. The girls have so many toys so I thought it would be nice for hand made gifts too. xcx

      Delete