Friday, January 29, 2021

It´s sunny

The weather has warmed up again, at last, so a few jobs done in the garden, especially pruning the roses, a clear up from all the recent high winds which decimated my pelargonium plant, ripping huge branches off. So I took loads of cuttings of them, so hopefully they will take.

I had left last years Basil plants that had gone to seed in their pots for them to dry and decided to harvest the seeds, goodness, talk about a good game played slow! The tiny flower pods were still quite closed and refused to yield their prize without a fight. I shook, rubbed, tapped and ended up having to open each pod individually, and there is another plant to go.....



I had a request from one of Rebecca´s friends to make something for the baby she was expecting. She has loved all the things I have made for Theo and really wanted hand made as none of her family do any crafting.

We knew they were expecting a little girl, so I started on a medium sized blanket for her and a couple of pairs of mittens and a little turban hat. All finished now, just need to post them off, especially as the little one has now arrived.



We had our supermarket delivery yesterday, I ordered 2 red peppers, they are absolutely huge. That is one draw back of ordering in this way, you can never tell what sizes you are going to get on the fresh veg.


The avocado is for scale!

Knitting a jacket for Theo and just had another request for another jumper, so better get on to it

Enjoy your weekend

take care

xcx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket Chrissie...gorgeous colour! The little hat and mittens in pink are a lovely contrast. Thank you for your recent comment on my latest post "Copycat". I used to order yarn from Deramores as well but I was recommended Las Tijeras Magicas in Elche which has a street shop and does online too. They are very efficient and their postal charges are less than Deramores. They are quick to deliver but it does depend on what courier company you choose to use. They sell a lot of international brands other than Spanish ones like Katia. Unless I am in a hurry I wait for the special offers and take advantage of the discounts. You also get points everytime you shop online. Here's the link https://www.lastijerasmagicas.com/es/ the webpage is in Spanish and English. They have sales this week. They also have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/las.tijerasmagicas hope this helps :-) stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the info and links Amanda, I shall hop over and have a browse. Majority of the couriers refuse to come up the mountain so hopefully they would send to the correos xcx

      Delete
    2. I think I have seen that you can choose to pick it up at the post office option. A x

      Delete
    3. That would be brilliant, again many thanks xcx

      Delete
  2. Dear Chrissie
    I am sure the hat, mittens and blanket will be very well received - what a lovely gift. They are big peppers indeed - they'd make quite a meal if you stuffed them!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use alot of peppers so I don´t really mind, doubled up on the aubergines, must have hit it twice lol, so we are having dishes using the two xcx

      Delete
  3. It's warmed up here too, but the temperature is set to drop again tomorrow, boo! I'm sure Rebecca's friend will be thrilled with the things you've made, I don't think you can beat hand knitted for babies. Wow, those peppers are huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very individual gifts too, just need to post them. xcx

      Delete
  4. Good to read you again..... I love the little baby things you made.. it's such a compliment to get asked for soemthing isn't it?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s in the post now, so hopefully it won´t take too long to be received. Yes, it´s lovely when people love hand made items xcx

      Delete