Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Plugs

We don´t venture out very much, probably because of the restrictions, even though they have been relaxed a little. It´s not a case of agoraphobia, more that being locked down and finding our own space quite adequate I think we may have become used to it and the effort to ´go´places at times seems too much.

Having said that, I really would like to visit the beach, just to listen to the waves, sit and reflect in the atmosphere, contemplate and chill. 

We needed a few things in town and to visit the post office, I also noticed that Lidl´s were having a garden event. I haven´t been in there for such a long time, but couldn´t resist the pull.

We picked up a few hand gardening tools at very reasonable prices, a sprayer for the weeds, seeds and plugs of Begonias, Tagetes, Gerbera and some larger Begonias. 

Then suddenly there were other items being deposited in the trolley, blue cheese (for hubby, I love it, but it would give me the most humungous migraine), different olives, I just fancy these moments, and then the checkout, where you realise that you hadn´t meant to spend that much. Although when broken down it was very good value



Still got some things to pot up, but getting there
The last photo is an ornamental wheelbarrow that my Mum had, it was in dire need of repair, so it was taken apart, sanded and painted.
I wanted to give it another coat, as the paint was absorbed more in some spots than others, but Chris preferred the rustic look, 

I finished off and posted another little jumper for Theo. I found some yarn in one of the Chinese Bazaars, a 100g ball for 2.00 euro. The quality isn´t bad so the whole thing cost just over 2e.



Time for a few chores, or knitting? wonder which one will win.... lol
take care
xcx



  

 

7 comments:

  1. It's over a year now since we've visited the coast and Mick's on holiday this week, what I'd give to have a stroll along the beach, and I know Archie would love it too, especially as we've had some lovely weather this week. It's so easy to pop things in the trolley when you're just ambling around the supermarket, the plants you picked up are lovely, they'll add some welcome colour. The little jumper is lovely, you must be missing Theo, let's hope it isn't too long now until we can visit our loved ones again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing Rebecca and Theo very much, he is now such a little boy, no longer a baby, so I do feel cheated I have missed out on all the baby cuddles, although grateful for all the facetime etc. Fingers crossed we can see them soon xcx

      Delete
  2. I always love the coast too.... just to listen and a paddle on the edge.... lovely little jumper and pots of colour to enjoy

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky in that we have both sandy and rocky beaches, so can chose the location, as and when we can xcx

      Delete
  3. The plants add a lovely pop of colour and are so bright and cheerful. The jumper is really sweet too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the time of year when it is colourful, before everything goes crispy in the summer heat xcx

      Delete
  4. Pelting down with rain here in the city at present. I do hope by beg of April they will be lifting the present restrictions but if it has to continue well so be it! I so agree with you a walk by the sea is so relaxing I always feel better for it.However there on the mountain I presume you have routes you can go on too and spring will be a great time for those sort of walks. Lovely little sweater for Theo :-) keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete