Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Beading

 We have been having temps reaching 41C, phew that´s warm.

So have been hiding in the relative cool of the finca, I decided to make some more beaded jewellry to top up my board in the restaurant.

Bit of an up hill battle though and its so sticky all the beads stick to my hands and the thread seems to want to tangle. Still I achieved 2 necklaces and 3 bracelets




I also made a dinosaur for Theo´s toy box

The cherry tomatoes have gone berserk so I roasted some with herbs and made it into a sort of pesto, then with some nice spices used it for a chicken, tomato risotto. Must make some more and freeze it as it went down well.

We´ve had some courgettes and a few beans but neither have done very well this season, but the chilli plant, which must be about 5/6 years old now is doing ok along with tasty peppers.



Rebecca, Antoni and Theo are due to come out at the end of August, but then the powers that be are reviewing whether Spain will go on the red list, so we are all keeping our fingers crossed it doesn´t happen as they are so looking forward to their break.

take care
xcx 


8 comments:

  1. I've heard about the temperatures over there, it seems everyone's talking about a feeling of autumn slipping in here, I'm definitely not ready for that yet. The necklace and bracelets are lovely, it's a good way to sell your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh that is hot..... does it cool in the evenings? Lovely beading .... I love that thick chain look especailly.... and the sound of a tomato pesto is making my mouth water... yummo... crossed fingers for your visit
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cools a little but some evenings are just a bit to warm to sleep. Chris usually has a midnight swim to cool off xcx

      Delete
  3. That is waaay too hot for me. I think it is particularly hot in Europe at the moment. Your jewellery is lovely. I hope you can get the visit from your family - fingers crossed!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nice to use up some of the stash. xcx

      Delete
  4. I know we humans are never totally content and I am the same as everyone but...I am so looking forward to some cooler temps! Alicante City is on sea level so we get lower temperatures here than in your area. All the same it has been up to 38C but usually cools a bit night time. Last night was an exception it was 31C just couldn't sleep far too hot! That is lovely jewellery,the necklace particularly. I do hope your family get over to see you again. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to try out a couple of different designs. Give it a couple of months and I´m sure we shall be saying it´s cold lol. xcx

      Delete