Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Focus

Chris decided he wanted roast chicken for his birthday meal, so that´s what he got, but I have been experimenting with different flavours for homemade stuffing and chose walnuts, cranberries with fresh sage and a little rosemary, along with onion, garlic and breadcrumbs. I usually swell the breadcrumbs with hot water, but decided to use homemade chicken/veg stock. It made all the difference and was a hit.

I also made a lemon meringue pie which again went down well. With all the goings on in the kitchen I forgot any photos, oh well.

Wonderful to have the family over for the evening and they stayed the night, then I left early with them so Antoni could go to work and Theo nursery. Then Rebecca and I went off to the shopping centre for last minute bits n bobs. Not a very successful trip, we didn´t like the merchanise, she tried on 10 pairs of jeans, (didn´t know there were so many variations) none of which were suitable, everything seemed to have a large price tag too.

We decided we were big boys and girls and what we didn´t have we wouldn´t miss and focus on a wonderful, enchanting family Christmas, enjoying Theo and each others company.

Hope all your preparations are in the swing

take care

xcx

2 comments:

  1. I am the same with food, it is all eaten before I remember to take any photos, it all sounds delicious. I am with you on the focus for Christmas, we have bought considerably less this year and are looking forward to sharing each others company (restrictions permitting) which will the best presents we can give each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of magical Christmas cheer Chrissie to you and your family and all the best for the New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete