Friday, January 20, 2023

slack

Well, nearly a month since I posted, how´s that for slack!

Theo rallied enough for Christmas day which we all enjoyed, but it was obvious he wasn´t really feeling it. Then boxing day he flopped, by the 27th, I was well into what ever he had and this one went on the chest and was a nasty, no wonder Theo felt so poorly, its taken over 3 weeks to shift for me, but I think Theo is getting topped up at nursery by the bugs. 

It was Theo´s 3rd birthday on the 10th and I baked a Batman cake as requested, I managed to get fondant icing but only in white, adding black food colouring only made it go floppy and discoloured. So we improvised and printed out Gothum city and the batman logo on paper, made bats and stars on cocktail sticks, added a candle and he was happy.


Theo´s party was at the weekend and this time he wanted Paw Patrol, he loves cooking and wanted to make his cake with us, he was expert at cracking the eggs and enjoyed the measuring out and mixing, best bit of course was licking the bowl lol. A 10" square cake was requested, years ago I bought a multi purpose square cake tin, basically 12" which can be made into oblongs or any size. When I looked at the price it was 8.99 with a price tag from Boots, Nottingham. I must have had this since about 1985, really....certainly 1987 when I made my grandparents their 60th wedding anniversary cake.


Photo of the second cake have gone awol, never mind.

Party was at a soft play centre, took him awhile to get going but then it was fun, a family friend was doing face painting which went down a storm, so a good time had by all.

I managed to finish the throw/blanket requested, double bed size and another jumper for Theo, (just realised these photos are on my new phone and not linked yet, watch this space.)

We are on duty all next week as one is away on business, the other working, so evening pickups and playtimes

take care

xcx





6 comments:

  1. Poor Theo - hope he is recovering and happier now. It sounds like he enjoyed himself at his party. Enjoy your playtimes!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These awful bugs, just when you think you are over it it raises its ugly head again. It´s so nice to be able to offer help when before it was needed but not allowed. Still be in the now and as you say enjoy xcx

      Delete
  2. some of these bugs are taking their time hanging around. Happy Birthday Theo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell me about it, started sneezing again today, Nooo, xcx

      Delete
  3. Love the batman cake. I hope Theo was able to enjoy it Hope you're both feeling better. And welcome back to blogland...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for visiting, yes, as old school reports would say could do better, on posting lol. xcx

      Delete