Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Escaping

The rain gave us a break yesterday and this morning, thank goodness, the constant drumming was getting annoying. Saturday it threw it down, but on a positive note, it did fill up our water deposito, which was nearly empty, so saving us 65e. It takes 10,000L so should keep us going for 3-4 weeks. As we do not use this water for drinking etc it was a boon.

Rebecca and Theo popped up yesterday afternoon, they were feeling a little better, unfortunately Rebecca´s turned into bronchitis, which in turn triggered her memories  of being in ICU with complications from chemo and pneumonitis, unable to breathe, then being put into an induced coma. Memories do like to play tricks.  Theo loved his bunting and identified most of the bugs etc then read his new bug book.

I really felt the need to get some fresh air and escape cabin fever, so decided to do some weeding. You would have thought they would have come out easily, nope, they still tugged back, but I did make progress and felt better for the exercise and air.

Raining again this afternoon, but I will make use of nature when I can. The mint and chives have grown over 6 inches in the last few days, the nasturtiums are thriving, so great to use the leaves and flowers in salads. If you have never done so try them, they are quite peppery like watercress. Even my chocolate mint, which I had despaired of growing again, has revitalized.

That time of day again when the question is what do you fancy for dinner

and don´t know is the answer lol

take care

xcx  

12 comments:

  1. We have a dry day today, been outside for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you could make the most of drier weather. It's been raining here in the UK and has turned much colder now.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your warm snap didn´t last long, keep cozy xcx

      Delete
  3. A lot of rain for you..... lovely you could have a day with the family though...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More to come they are saying, love having the family so near xcx

      Delete
  4. Rain is a pain when it is persistent but we do need it to make the plants grow. It makes life hard work when it rains day in day out though doesn't it. It too love to eat Nasturtium flowers they are so tasty and make a salad look so pretty. You have reminded me to sow some seeds again this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And grow they certainly are, the mint and chives have grown at least 6 inches already and the terraces all need mowing. My Mum always used them in her salads and the kids grew up enjoying pretty salads and tasting different things xcx

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that Rebecca and Theo are feeling better. Bronchitis is awful and it's no wonder after all that Rebecca's been through that memories come back to her, she must have suffered terrible trauma from it all. Would you believe we've got a smattering of snow here and more forecast tonight, I doubt it will amount to much though. Hard to believe we were walking around in T-shirts last week, it's turned so cold again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some triggers you can do without, although to meet them, acknowledge and deal with them hopefully puts them further back. Brrr, changes so quickly xcx

      Delete
  6. I feel for you Chrissie! I am so fed up of getting the same reply "I don't know" when I ask what would you like for lunch! I also often think why have I been assigned the role of always having to plan and make the meals! TCH! Poor Rebecca those must be awful memories. I do hope she gets better soon. They say next week will be sunny ... I hope so even though I suppose I will be complaining about the heat in July and August again. I much prefer sun than weeks of wind and rain! keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole heartedly agree with you, but if you don´t ask and just dish thats wrong too lol. I think she is slowly getting there, still hacking though. At least we have the pool to cool off in the heat, cold and damp I can do without xcx

      Delete