Monday, March 7, 2022

It´s wet, wet, wet

This is the fourth day of rain, some really heavy downpours, other lighter, it is really needed though as a lot of the plants were flagging. Knowing it was coming, I spent Thursday morning tackling extremely carefully,the overgrown cactus garden. We inherited it and its amazing how they have grown over the years, it´s quite a dangerous bed, with the spikes and nature of the plants and is difficult to access the middle and back of the bed as this part of the garden is lower than the pool terrace and backed by a stone wall.



A type of valerian plant self seeds and grows well here, although it can be quite intrusive but gives a lovely show of pink flower stems. As I couldn´t see the wood for the trees, I decided to cut this one down, unfortunately with a root base of 9 inches it was impossible to dig it out. 



Quite a way to go, but much better.

We had a play stay on Tuesday and Wednesday, the weather was so nice, we took the play mat and toys to the pool terrace, Yayo sailed his little boat, I don´t know who was more intrigued, Theo or the cats. After nap it was baking time, Theo thoroughly enjoyed himself weighing the ingredients, getting covered in flour in the process and mixing and of course enjoying the strawberry muffins afterwards.

Friday morning I had to go to the bank to sign some shareholder papers and was quite surprised that I was given a rather nice box of chocolates for doing so, ok I can´t eat them but I´m sure Chris will enjoy them.

A little decluttering in the bedroom over the weekend and not much else with the wet weather, although my crochet blanket is growing, a little reading too. Having seen the reviews I bought the book Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes. It was an enjoyable, interesting read, very pleased with the recommendations.

Little women was another recommended book, which I downloaded for the kindle having never read it. Think I have to be in the mood with this one though. 

Poor Theo was really poorly on Friday with very high temps, after a check up at the doctors to keep an eye, but it´s one of those childrens things, they spent the weekend trying to comfort him, keep him cool and entertain him. Bless him, I´m glad to say he is feeling better today and just a bit grizzly.

 Better go and sort out some lunch, then a cozy afternoon perhaps with a bit of telly and the crochet hook.

take care

xcx

10 comments:

  1. Ship of brides was a brilliant book, you have been busy, it's sunny here today, so time for some gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, enjoy your gardening xcx

      Delete
  2. I hope Theo's better soon, it's awful seeing them poorly. I really enjoyed Ship of Brides, it's one of my favourite Jojo Moyes books. Do persevere with Little Women, it's a lovely story once you get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes he is fine now. I didn´t realise I had bought the series so still going xcx

      Delete
  3. It is pelting down here in the city. As I always say though as there is such a shortage of rain here...rain is good! It is nice to see the park is soaking it up and the grass is nearly UK green LOL. Poor boy! Hope Theo gets better soon. Going to check out Ship of Brides online :-). Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit late in my replies, so we have had the sand storm and more rain. Hope your enjoy the book xcx

      Delete
  4. lots of work to be done in the garden, at least the rain softens the soil a bit to pull and then feeds all the weeds to grow again! Thx for the book recomendation, I have reserved it at hour library.
    Happy crocheting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, its really soggy now. Hope you like the book xcx

      Delete
  5. Sometimes it is lovely to just do simple things - gardening, being with family, crafting and reading.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple pleasures in life, must admit I have no inclination to go gadding about so that suits me fine xcx

      Delete