Friday, February 25, 2022

Bind weed

We have had a couple of very warm, calm days, so it was up early to have a bonfire of all the weeds and cuttings. We wait until there is no wind at all and then have to extinguish the fire before midday. We collected all the various piles, which made the garden tidier. 

I then tackled a rather forlorn and forgotten area down near the wood shed. This area leads onto the 2nd terrace and was covered in bind weed, the flowers are very pretty, being purple, oh but it is such a thug and strangles everything. I rescued the grape vine from the tangles, then tugged and pulled at the vines. Such hard work but the result was quite amazing.



Still a bit to do.
The next morning, again we could burn, so set about the walk through area, such a mission, untangled some items that had been unceremoniously dumped, questioning as to why this was so, off to the dump, but anyway, the bind weed had really taken over, years ago we had a wire gate to ward off the boar, this had since collapsed and made such a great platform for the weeds. Intertwined through out the wire and wire fence beyond, including some old pallets,  nightmare, anyway suffice to say some headway was made and we still had enough time to burn. Except I continued, so we have another builders bag ready waiting. 


I can only do this if I´m sitting down, so a bit laborious, I always wear gloves, as you never know what is lurking under the shadows, and I always make a noise to make sure there are no snakes, 

Aha, a fence and gate posts.

I have a wicker baby/dolls/teddy bear seat which I thought Theo might like as his own, so I made a new cushion from dinosaur fabric and he loved it. I found a two tier shelf unit and made it into a toy zone for him. 

He is not so happy putting a jumper on at the moment, but as soon as I gave him one Yaya had  just made, it went straight on, bless.

We went down the mountain for a little visit yesterday afternoon, what a pleasure to be able to do so, I am so enjoying having them so near after so long.

Today, well that has had to be a chill and recover day, another one tomorrow
take care
xcx




4 comments:

  1. It is always so satisfying when you can see where you've been with garden jobs, isn't it? That's a lovely photo of Theo in his own little space!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, just wish there wasn´t quite so much of it to do lol xcx

      Delete
  2. Gosh that weed goes crazy doesn't it..... cute little chair.. they do love their size objects...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theo is not the only one how loves his chair, Sunny seems to have taken to it too, just the right size to curl up in xcx

      Delete