Monday, November 21, 2022

Jinxed it

 Hmmm I think I jinxed it, had the log burner going now, our lounge is on the north side so doesn´t get much sun, lovely in the summer but chilly now. It used to be the donkey stable, which was ideal for them, but I like warmth. It´s also on a lower level than the garden, about 5ft, so a sunken patio, so we have cut the shrubs back on the top to allow a little more light. 

We have had some lovely play days, but poor Theo succumbed to yet another tummy bug on Friday, with Antoni doing a viral presentation in the afternoon to about 65 people he was unable to do child care, so Rebecca had to ask, very nicely, to take a half day holiday to be able to care for Theo. Oh gosh, I really wanted to help, but these tummy bugs get me 100% so in the view of self preservation I had to honestly say I couldn´t help. Rebecca insisted she wouldn´t have asked me anyway, but I still feel mean. Luckily by late Saturday all was well.

Theo has suddenly been taken with his little kitchen, using his play food to cook pizza and cookies, he so enjoys his stints in the kitchen making muffins, pancakes and biscuits, I think this has spurred him on to use his imagination. So I decided to get all my felt out and make him some additions to his fun food. Some were really easy, some were a little challenging, but he was so pleased and identified all the food, even though Yayo struggled on the tomato slices lol.



I did expand it making different pepper slices, more carrots and would you believe I was actually dreaming of how to make Oreos. Made several more of the tomatoes, it will keep him going for a bit. When they came up on Sunday he was thrilled with them.
I made felt Christmas tree shapes and kept all the little cut offs from the food, and we had fun gluing all the bits together making a picture.

Chris decided to paint a picture of our original girls, Tammy and Lucy, he doesn´t have a dedicated studio, just up in the Naya, so is exposed the the weather conditions, although under cover, too warm and the paint dries on the brush, too windy and it blows the pollen and dust, plus the furries want to help too, any way here is his latest picture

Just taken our car down for its ITV, (MOT) Rebecca kindly collected Chris to bring him home and will do the return to pick up. Quite strange to be without transport up here but there we are, collection Wednesday, hopefully.
Time for dinner
take care xcx




6 comments:

  1. The felt food is great - Theo is a lucky boy. The cat portrait is stunning - wow! What a talented lot you are!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, I passed on your comments to Chris and he was chuffed xcx

      Delete
  2. The felt veges are so clever, great idea. I love Chris' work - the cats are so realistic. Hope tummy bugs are all fixed again
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theo went home and proudly showed Dad what he had, so pleased he liked it all. Chris likes to take his time and painstakingly adds a bit here and there xcx

      Delete
  3. Wow what amazing creative folks you are. The felt food is wonderful and the cat portrait is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the felt food just took a little time and patience but certainly better than the plastic alternative xcx

      Delete