Monday, December 12, 2022

Christmas decs

 We retrieved the Christmas tree and decorations from the loft all ready for Theo to help. He enjoyed putting the tree together and sorted out all the colour coded branches. His face was an absolute picture as we opened boxes and he found the goodies. He was careful in his selection and very gently placed them on the tree, I suggested a few but no, he had his ideas and rejected them. Lift me up was his cry when he couldn´t reach.


I then gave him a box of baubles or various sizes and a metal stand, he spend ages, quite happily arranging them to his taste, using them all up. At first I thought it a little over the top, but on a second look it was really well put together with the tiny baubles on the outside, really artistic for a 2 year old.


I´ve been making little Suffolk puffs for Theo, I bought a small polystyrene cone with the idea he can use them to decorate it. I´ve made baubles in the past using these and they are quite pretty.



Most of the decorations are hand made over the years, quite satisfying to see them each year. This one is a patchwork star, made several years ago.


Have fun with your decorations

take care

xcx

5 comments:

  1. It sounds as though Theo had a lovely time with his decorating. How could he fail to be creative with you to inspire him?!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Theo had a wonderful time decorating. Your tree and decorations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I try to make something new every year, I enjoy doing it so that´s my excuse lol xcx

      Delete
  3. I have been looking at pictures when our young local GS helped us, great memories you are making with Theo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete