Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Been fighting the fibro................hate it!! Right that's out the system..............

Here are some photos of the recent dust storm, such a mess, all the plants are still caked in the stuff.  We have a white tiled floor in the kitchen, you can imagine the state of it with 8 furries wandering in and out.





I have put down quite a few different seeds and made some cloches from the 6L water bottles, unfortunately the wind just picked them up and hurled them around the courtyard taking some of the pots too, we did manage to scoop up some of the seeded soil, but will have to start again with others.
Some of them are now ready to be moved on and need pricking out, but we shall have a nice colourful display, including sweet peas, marigolds and impatiens

Last week I submitted my first assignment for the Diet and Nutrition ecourse, after a few nail biting days I received my results, gosh how many years since I had been in that position? I was really chuffed to see I had passed comfortably and be ready to move to the second one.  We are still in the A & P stage but having bought some of the further reading material |I can see this being really interesting.  I am also finding I had already established a considerable amount of the recommendations in our daily menus, especially being in the Med, some with knowledge and some just because it felt right.  Key word moderation

The only thing I have completed on the craft front is another little rabbit, this time with a dress and jacket, for the baby box.

For the last couple of Tuesdays I have been helping out in the Cancer Care boutique and just happened to mention in passing that I liked to craft, now they want me to organise a taster afternoon for people to visit and try something new along with a cuppa and cake. Got a few weeks to think of some kits to make, but wasn't quite expecting that.  

Right must go and bring in the washing, take care



10 comments:

  1. I hope that you can get your garden sorted out, it looks as though the storm was quite an amazing weather event! Well done on your coursework, I hope that you keep on enjoying it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was, we don't need that to be repeated in a hurry. The red dust/rain turns the pool green and we need to put special chemicals in it, but then so does everyone else, so they run out! I was a bit hesitant at first with the course, and I'm doing the further reading. I wonder how many balls I can keep in the air lol.

      Delete
  2. I haven't experienced many dust storms... neither do I want to... it just gets everywhere!! Hope your fibro is sorting out.... unpleasant to say the least.... well done with the studies... you will do fine, I often think 'mature student' is the way to go as we have life experience and knowledge.... will be fun to do a tasting day at the cancer care place.... that will get your creative juices going...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, not quite sure why it has flared so much really having to manage it at the moment but I think it's fibro 1 me nil. I remember a mature student at college years ago, very unusual then, we ended up really good friends. Got my thinking cap on, a challenge to find something that is quick

      Delete
  3. That looks like a big bad dust storm. Can just imagine the aftermath in your house. I have experienced only a couple, and can remember what it was like. Well done on your studies - you will do well, and as you say, it is surprising how much you already know and practice in your daily life. Sounds like a fun activity at the cancer care boutique - you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the challenges is all the conflicting information that is given out, it takes time to sift through it all, My books are littered with little postit notes for references, but to me most of it seems common sense. Thanks for the vote of confidence, we shall see!!

      Delete
  4. That looks like quite a storm, I bet the dust hangs around for ages afterwards. It's like sand after you've been on holiday, you keep finding grains of it all over the place. The craft afternoon sounds great, you'll have to tell us what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just like that, we have had to wash all the windows and frames amongst other things, the white chairs have a pink tinge now and the newly painted white washed walls have been stained, oh well. There are several boxes of craft stuff at the centre that I shall go through and I think that will help focus on what we can use with minimum buy. Several of the husbands commute to the UK so at least we can get some supplies.

      Delete
  5. Lovely Chrissie oh my goodness what a mess to clear up - we had some sand over here in the UK and it is still coming over but nothing like you have had. I hope that things have settled now for you. I am playing catch up with my comments so apologies as life is too full a the moment for all the wrong reasons. I have managed to follow you blog and have loved catching up with all your news. Have a great week ahead Chrissie, sending you lots of loves and hugs
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Dorothy, especially as I know from your blog you are having a 'busy' life. Think we need some 'clean' rain to help wash it all away, the pool is the worst, never mind a bit of dust pales into insignificance to so many things. Hope you have a good week too. xx

    ReplyDelete