The furries have disgraced themselves once too often, so we have cat proofed the dolls houses by making Perspex cases (what took us so long?!)
So at long last the gardens that I made can now be displayed as intended
The base was 22hpi canvas, which allowed me to embroider straight onto it
I used a mixture of stitches to get the different textures
The crazy paving was made using fabric covered card
I also created components separately and added them afterwards.
Threads and beads for the flowers
It took many hours, but I was very pleased with the results, then had to make a garden for the other side
A woollen, felted jumper made the lawn
The delphiniums took ages to make, using tiny circles of tissue paper
The planter started out as a well but changed my mind, a good use of a aerosol cap
then covered in clay and using a brick stamp
What I can´t believe is that I made these 5 years ago!
Have fun, take care