Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ancestry

I really enjoy researching our family trees, (when the internet connection allows!) and this weekend found someone that was researching similar names.  I emailed them and found out she is a direct cousin as we share the same 2nd gt grandfather.  My gt grandmother being her gt Aunt.  We have corresponded a couple of times but she is off on holiday to the US visiting her daughter, so I shall have to sit on my hands till the end of the month before we can swap stories.  I know very little of that side of the family, apart from some hand me down tales which may or may not be true. Exciting though.


Talking of trees, we went to Miniature Club yesterday, this is held in the Casa de Cultura in Pedreguar, a multi roomed public meeting place where groups can meet with no charge.
This month Chris made up kits and plans for a bird table
There were only 5 of us this time, but here is what we created, just need some tiny birds


In the courtyard someone was exhibiting their collection of bonsai trees which were just perfect as a back drop.

Off to do some outside painting.........
take care
xcx

8 comments:

  1. I love researching my family tree and it's so exciting when you find someone else tracing the same branch, especially when it turns out that you're related. It's happened to me a few times and they've gone on to share some great documents and photos with me. Those little bird tables are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how so many of these rellies were living in the same area as us growing up. Certainly don´t remember visiting any, it makes me wonder why and would love to find out.
      It was a nice project to do, also thought the roof could be thatched using paint bristles xcx

      Delete
  2. good luck with the ancestor tracing - it's a lot of work... how perfect are those bonsai for the bird boxes....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really daft and didn´t take any other photos of the bonsai, there must have been over 30 all totally different, including the use of drift wood xcx

      Delete
  3. Discovering near and distant cousins is a real delight...i have found a few, and am amaze at how close the bonds between us have become, so quickly...maybe blood really is thicker than water. have fun with your new cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice, hopefully we can swap stories when she returns. xcx

      Delete
  4. Cute little bird tables! Your family history research sounds interesting, I imagine the internet can lead you to all sorts of places when looking in your families past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed it can, they bring out different records and it is really interesting and sometimes frustrating! I find it facinating xcx

    ReplyDelete