Sunday, September 24, 2017

Another new start

Feel a bit of a fraud! Here I was having a tad dar moment of having internet then I disappear again!
Bit of a catalogue of errors really, I went out on to the bancarles and fell down a huge hole made by the boar, smashed my left knee down, badly bruised but still functioning, just! That was on the Monday, then on Friday we had a day of fine mountain mist and drizzle and the courtyard gate began banging in the wind, so annoying, so I went out to shut it, turned around and slipped on the wet tiles on the slope, yup! straight on the knees, then to add insult, because of the slope I was unable to get up again.
So I sat and pondered, hubby was well away in the lounge and due to the thickness of the walls was unable to hear my cries for help. I even resorted to banging against a metal bucket to raise attention, nope, nada, zilch, it was raining quite heavily by then, hubby eventually came near enough to hear me and I was rescued, nothing broken just badly bruised and very wet.

Been nursing myself, taking it easy and gently going about daily life. So now, feeling better, (Just don't touch the knees) I thought I would share the hand sewing I have been doing during the summer
This was a project I took to the UK back in May, as I hate to be without something to do, and so I continued, it has been quite nice sitting in the warm shade hand stitching all these little blighters together. Then came the next stage....
Piecing it all together on a background design sheet. So now slowly stitching everything together, eventually a cot quilt.

Do you sometimes get to the stage where you think "what can we have for lunch, something different"?
So today I tried slicing sweet potatoes, grilling for 20 minutes then using them to create a pizza, very different but certainly gluten free, well worth a try,
So, hope you have all had a wonderful weekend, catch up soon
take care
xcx




4 comments:

  1. Ouch! I hope your knees are now on the mend, it sounds painful hurting them twice. The quilt is lovely, I'd love to be able to sew but I'm not sure I have the patience for it, especially hand sewing. Not only do I get to the stage where I fancy something different for dinner but I also wish Mick would try more things. He's really stuck in his ways where food is concerned, he's always been a fussy eater, but it means that I end up eating the same old things too. Oh for a bit of variety, and something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange my reply has disappeared! Chris is like that with fish, so we either have different meals or I wait for when Rebecca comes over and can enjoy mussels and sepia and the like. Xcx

      Delete
  2. Oh no, poor you. I would have been sitting there crying! Hope you feel heaps better soon. The hexies look great - I do admire quilts made from them (having only done little bits). Oh yes, about the food - I was just saying the other day I feel so unmotivated to do anything with food except eat! I love the idea of sweet potato pizza's - have you seen/tried the cauliflower rice ones?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up sitting there for 40 minutes by which time there was a little tear. Non crafty friends think I'm mad to hand stitch little play pieces of fabric but I find it therapeutic. Yes I have tried the cauliflower rice method, also like it as an alternative to normal rice. Inch slices of cauli oven baked first work well too. Xcx

      Delete