Friday, April 6, 2018

Going potty

Been over doing things, there´s a surprise! Paying for it now with a huge flare up, so beastly
However yesterday I managed to repot some of the beautiful flowers I had bought before Easter. The chinese bazaars sell some lovely plants at a very reasonable prices, most of these I bought for 1.80 euros.
I wanted a splash of colour in the courtyard 
by the time I had potted them up I had no energy left to arrange them how I wanted, but it certainly did the trick.

You can just make out Puff in the front

 and this is Merlin


Rebecca has given me all her pretty purple pots adding more colour, she even gave me a hanging basket and one of the petunias turned out to be a trailing one so I popped that in too.
Every thing dries out so quickly so it has to be a daily task to water but that is a small price to pay for such a lovely show.
Just need to start sowing seeds now, but I think that will be for another day soon
take care
xcx

6 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon. It's hard when you want to get on with things but you know you'll pay for it if you do. Your pots look lovely, I'm a big fan of container gardening, I think it's nice to be able to move a display around so that when something isn't looking its best it can be moved to somewhere less prominent and something else can be put in its place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Completely agree with you. The rest of the garden is rather like concrete most of the time so putting bedding plants in is a nightmare and then takes far too much water, time and effort. xcx

      Delete
  2. it's really not fair that we get sore from things is it? your pots do look lovely so I hope you can sit and enjoy them and heal up...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. Stress is another factor so I suppose its not a surprise with everything going on at the moment. Must go back to some meditation. xcx

      Delete
  3. Dear Chrissie
    Hope you manage to get some rest and recuperation time. Stress is a hugely underrated factor in health and well-being so doing something joyful like gardening can only be a good thing. Your pots look so colourful and cheery.
    Take good care of yourself.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from Jo's blog!
    Your pots look lovely, great colour.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete