Sunday, June 3, 2018

T-5 and counting

We have rain!
It absolutely hammered it down during the night, which unfortunately has meant alot of the geramiums and daisys have been pummeled, but now we have gentle rain which will soak into the ground and pots and give everything a nice refresher.
Even the car is clean!
As usual it is all or nothing here and it´s brightening up, we are so protected by the mountain range the rain cells usually split in two and go around us.

I have made several sales from my jewellry board at Maria´s recently so thought it about time to replenish some items and try a new design.
The central bracelet is a double spiral and the other three are single ones.
I like the look of the double as it gives a chunky feel without being too heavy.

I have just finished two more but these are for birthday pressies for Rebecca and MIL.

I asked Rebecca what she would like for her birthday, having already organised a few items to be sent, she said she would think about it.
Then on Friday evening she rang saying she would like a hug and a visit please.
I must admit I had been looking at the flight costs, but these have been quite high.
However Antoni was quite insistent  I go over and he found a flight with BA for 32 euros!
Hand luggage only but that´s fine.
I hope to visit Daniel for a few days too, in which case I can return from Exeter, more expensive but doesn´t involve trains.
Not really enamoured with the journey but so looking forward to giving and receiving lots of huggles.

It´s MIL birthday the day before Rebecca´s so we are going to meet up with her too.
So it´s T-5 and counting

I have already sourced a couple of yarn shops in Reading, can´t wait to visit those, especially as Amazon refused to send out circular needles and dpns, UK only. Might get to continue with the sock.

Take care
xcx

10 comments:

  1. Love the double bracelet, very pretty! Glad you were able to find a good flight so you can visit your daughter. It's a shame travel can be so expensive when families want to get together.

    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I did look for several weeks but they were all up in the top 100 to 220 return, looks like if you can just 'go' you can still get the bargains. In to Gatwick but using the assistance its not too bad xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a torrential rain shower last evening - it was the most rain I have seen in a short space of time and our gutters were overflowing. My poor poppies and roses have been battered.
    Have a lovely visit.
    Best wsihes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame when the garden was looking so lovely then whoosh all gone. Such a surprise, last minute.com lol xcx

      Delete
  4. How wonderful, I bet you didn't think you'd be seeing Rebecca quite so soon, and you get to see Daniel too. I'm sure Rebecca and MIL will love the jewellery and well done on the sales, I'm sure you'll have many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn´t but couldn´t turn my nose up at the price of the flight, the train is about 20 but still good value. Can´t wait to stock up on huggles. We will travel down to see Daniel the second weekend. Busy busy. The board at Maria´s is low profile, but it´s still nice when something sells. xcx

      Delete
  5. Love the beads .. so pretty. How exciting to be off for a huggles trip... have fun... Wonderful about the rain... now send some to us too!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual the rain clouds disappeared as fast as they came and clear, bright skies. The beads were from the collection from Rebecca´s wedding just in different colourways. Can´t wait for my huggles xcx

      Delete
  6. Hi, I've just come across from Jo's blog.
    That is one good thing about rain when it rains really heavy ... it does clean the car quite well :)

    I do like your beads.

    All the best Jan

    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by, nice to see you. We also get red rain which comes up from Africa, that is a pain as everything is stained. I enjoy beading amongst other things, quite theraputic xcx

      Delete