Sunday, January 10, 2021

Hello again

 Hello again,

Bit late, but, Wishing everyone a Happy New year, let´s hope it is happier than the last year.

Despite everything, we had a lovely Christmas day, we had two zoom calls with Rebecca, Antoni and Theo, so we were able to be in the room with them and watch as Theo explored his first Christmas presents, not quite the same without hugs and cuddles, but it was a lovely to join in and see them.

Theo´s music and sensory classes moved onto Zoom and I was invited to join in with their New Year´s eve party, wonderful to see Theo interacting with the music and activities, such a shame not to be able to socially interact with the other families in person though. Theo loved attending the groups and was learning social skills, another casualty of the times.

We had quite a stressful time trying to send our parcel of Christmas goodies over, we used Parcel2go and the service was absolutely awful, they refused to collect even though we had paid, then informed us the next delivery slot was 29th December! luckily we contacted a local service of man and van who was going over on the Friday and our parcel was hand delivered on the Saturday, excellent service.

Rebecca used the same service, but they ruined that and we didn´t receive her parcel until 30th December. The positive side was we had another christmas day, again with zoom.

Today is Theo´s first birthday! can´t believe he is 1 already, so hard not to dwell on the loss of his first year, daily video calls etc just doesn´t cut it, although seeing his wonderful grins and hearing his giggles on the video link is a joy. I know I´m biased, but he is doing so well, walking for 2 months already and now is trying to run! As soon as he sees us he grins and then waves goodbye and says bye at the end.

We shall zoom later and be able to join in his celebrations.

I was really busy during the last few months making all sorts for him, a Christmas stocking was requested



but I also made a large Christmas bag for him


A set of building blocks, with a custom made box to keep them in



Then a Christmas tree was requested, made from felt with felt shapes, the idea being that he could put his own decorations on his tree and leave the real one be.



It worked really well and he enjoyed the process






Hand made gift cards, Rebecca wanted keepsakes for his first Christmas


I managed to source an alphabet wall hanging, which I quilted, he can use it as a play mat too.

There´s more, but perhaps they are for another day. Stay safe everyone, take care, back soon

                                                                            xcx






9 comments:

  1. So many lovely finishes, you have been so very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chrissie
    Lots of lovely creative projects despite the difficulties of life at the moment.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, I gave myself quite a task and as always things took longer than you think, but I made the deadline xcx

      Delete
  3. Good to see you on the blog again... missed you... some lovely creations .... Christmas was certainly a bit different this year
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I think we are all hoping and praying for ´normality´ this year xcx

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear from you again Crissie! After leaving a comment on your last post I kept you on my blog list thinking you might be returning,so I was quite delighted to see you pop up at the top of my list 2 days ago :-). Our Christmas was quiet none of the big Christmas eve family celebrations like we usually have here of course. We also logged into Messenger to have a chat with my sister on Christmas Day. She lives in Torquay now and she is a widow so I felt pretty annoyed I couldn't get her over here for Christmas as I had hoped. I very much like all your lovely Christmas makes,most particularly the personalized Christmas tree. I will have to mention that to my sister for her grandchildren. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, Theo enjoyed his tree and because the felt decorations stuck to the felt it didn´t need any velco etc. Something he can use year after year. xcx

      Delete
  5. Sorry that should read Chrissie with H :-)

    ReplyDelete