Monday, February 1, 2021

Howling winds

 What a night!

We have been having more high, gusting winds up here and last night it started up again, we already have quite a few displaced roof tiles which will be attending to and more clearing up, but in our bedroom we have a door leading out to a small balcony, the wind seems to make a vortex around the door and makes a terrible noise keeping us awake, we call it the snoring door.

I thought I would share a few of the items I made back in the summer for Theo.

They were going to sensory and music classes, which have now transferred to zoom and not so effective, so I made some shakers from small water bottles, filled with coloured bells and glittery pom poms, with ribbons, (lids tightly secured with hot melt glue)



I´ve since made a couple more for me to use with him during video time

A couple of soft play books, which he loves, different textures, I used the internal wrapping from cereals to give each page a nice crunkly sound









Separate pages, then sewn together

A waistcoat for Christmas 




A sensory bag, filled with all sorts of fabrics, ribbons, textures, the idea being to play taking the items in and out of the bag.

There´s more, but I think that´s enough for now.

take care

xcx

6 comments:

  1. Wind is my worst kind of weather, it can do so much damage. We're forecast snow through the night tonight and into tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to that so I hope it doesn't hang around. You've certainly been busy making things for Theo, it's such a shame that children aren't able to get to groups at the moment but Zoom's the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your snowfalls were slight. Fingers crossed it can only get better xcx

      Delete
  2. Gale force winds here too in Alicante City. The palm trees in front of our block of flats are leaning dangerously towards our side of the building. I have never seen them like that before. Sr P is going to have a word with the gardener to check if they are safe. Lots of lovely makes for Theo Chrissie I particularly like the soft sensory books. keep well and hold on tight there on the mountain :-) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, hope the tree was safe. There was a palm blown down outside the church in Benissa, unfortunately straight onto a parked car, rather squashed. Just hope that no one was in it at the time xcx

      Delete
  3. Dear Chrissie
    Wow, Theo is a very lucky little boy with all those lovely gifts. I am sure he really enjoys playing with them.
    We woke to snow today, which is rapidly turning to slush.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is pretty but not the slush, hope its cleared for you now xcx

      Delete