Saturday, September 11, 2021

Frustrating

Well, they all left on Monday evening, it was a difficult journey due to plane delays here and long queues for immigration in the UK, but they arrived safely all be it not until the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Rebecca must have picked up a cold bug on route to here, luckily she only had it for a couple of days, but on Tuesday I went down with it and obviously decided to make a meal of it. Summer colds, hateful things. On day 4 now, might invest in shares in Kleenex lol

We had a trip into Javea, about an hours drive away, to visit the beach. The sand wasn´t the same as before, (most of it had been washed away in storms) the replacement sand was very course and gritty and so difficult to wash off, but Theo enjoyed himself.

Theo warmed up to the pool so much quicker this time and I managed to capture all the fun and giggles on video, lovely to keep and rewatch.

It was our friend´s birthday recently and Chris painted a portrait of one of her dogs, she was so pleased and I made her an anklet, unfortunately it was a bit too long for her, so I am going to make another one. The spiral pattern I use cannot be undone and I used number 11´s and tiny number 15´s, never mind it can go on my board at the restaurant. Always difficult to get the sizes right. 


I started another one too, using soft pink.

At long last the car seat has arrived, what a palaver, we were told to expect delivery on Monday and we were in all day, no delivery, only to find out they had said we were absent! Nooo, same again on Tuesday, we were absent. Which meant they couldn´t be bothered to drive the 15 minutes up here from Benissa, grrrrrr. After contacting El cortes Ingles on their customer service  number, which surprisingly was a Uk number and complaining they obviously gave them a rocket, well I hope they did, and we received a call on Wednesday from the courier wanting directions, even so he would only drive to Maria´s restaurant not directly here, didn´t really matter, its only a couple of minutes away, but that´s not the point. I don´t understand why the couriers refuse to come up here, after all it´s part of the service, wouldn´t you think!?

Arrangements have now been made with a company in Benissa where our parcels can be delivered ready for our collection. Mad!! but will stop the hair pulling exercises

No other crafts happening, just a bit of reading and a sore head lol

take care

xcx

4 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful painting, your friend must be thrilled with it. A shame about the anklet, I can imagine it's hard to gauge the size but at least you'll be able to make one to fit. Glad you and the family had a lovely time together, how generous of Rebecca to share her cold, haha, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has done portraits of all the furries now and moved on to landscape. I know we like to share but could have done without that particular share lol xcx

      Delete
  2. Do hope you are feeling better and have managed to get rid of that cold. I would certainly think the courier's should come up to your door unless they state in the service that they don't cover a particular area. That is what you pay for. As you know I am in the city and yes I have had courier service contact me to say I can pick up the parcel it their office and I tell them if they give me a refund I will if not they have to bring it to my house as I have paid for that. They have such a cheek! Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks getting there. As you say you pay for delivery, but they seem to be very lazy and certainly grumpy, hope this new service will put paid to all the hassle xcx

      Delete