Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Little projects

Time has flown by, with so many other things to do I think blogging and reading went out the window for a bit.

I was pleased I managed a post on Sunday, couldn´t miss an anniversary like that.

Rebecca and family managed to get a bargain all inclusive mini break away to Tenerife. I was surprised that even from here it was still a 3 hour flight. Their hotel was pleasant with shared facilities with the sister hotel, so they were able to enjoy the indoor swimming pool and through the videos you could see Theo loving it and gaining confidence in the water. So looking forward to summer when he can enjoy our pool.

They visited the zoo/nature park, having a wonderful day, and several trips to the beach, black volcanic sand and rocks of course but Theo immediately searched for a special rock to bring home for YaYa and Yayo, bless.

Theo wanted to share his days so they called every night, we heard everything from the huge plane to transport rides, seeing the dolphins, penguins and wild life to the beach and swimming. So lovely to be able to share and feel included in their week.

We had a break in the weather so I started to clear an extremely overgrown area of the garden, a walk way down by the garage into the top garden. 4 days later it was finally done, needed a break after that though. Didn´t bother with a pic, there is only so much undergrowth you can show lol

I am making a wall hanging for our bedroom, slow but sure and bought some gloss paint to colour the accessories in the en-suite, a large mirror and a small bathroom cabinet that I had found a few years ago in a charity shop for 10e, both very discoloured.


then the after....


 

   A dusty faded wicker basket with a new look for the courtyard and a revamped terracotta pot 


A few projects having been beckoning me in the house, too many in fact! so I sanded down the kitchen door, both sides and the surround and glossed them. It´s only when you start that you realise how grotty they had become, 


Part way, although the coverage wasn´t very good so it has needed 2 coats. Unfortunately this seems to have made my project list even longer....

A little tip....place a sliced onion in the vicinity you are painting and it absorbs the horrible paint fumes, it really works, also you can use this if someone has a cold, flu etc, place by the bed side and again it absorbs the bacteria/germs

I apologise if I haven´t caught up with your blog, will aim to do better

right off now, another evening meal, probably another don´t know too

take care

xcx

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely holiday, I'm sure Theo enjoyed telling you all about it. I love the colour you chose for your bathroom fittings, it's always the case that when you start one job there's always others which come along. I didn't know the tip about the onion, I shall definitely try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week seems to go so quickly before routine steps back in. Give the onion ago, the paint fumes make Chris feel awful, but he couldn't smell anything xcx

      Delete
  2. You've been really busy with your jobs. I am sure you will feel a huge sense of achievement when they are all done! It sounds like Theo had a great time away.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they have piled up a bit, but slowly does it, best to make them into mole hills rather than mountains xcx

      Delete
  3. It is always the way that you start a job and then it creates a load more. It is always satisfying when we get them done though isn't it. I love the new colour of your bathroom cabinet and clock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, a colour outside my usual palette so nice for a change xcx

      Delete