Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Bits n bobs

More painting, this time in our bedroom, we have double doors, but I only painted one so far with a new pot of gloss. The coverage is so much better, think I will get away with one coat, oh but the fumes are really strong, even the onion trick was struggling.

We haven´t bought any tomato plugs this year so I decided to use the trick where you slice bits off and plant them. They came up really well and now I have transplanted them to grow on, hopefully some nice cherry toms to come. Did the same with the strawberries but they didn´t come up.

Tidying up the courtyard from last years old pots and the heavy rain of late, took mint and geranium cuttings which are growing well,  

I wanted a sort of Moroccan look solar light for the courtyard, spotted this one and love the way the pattern splays out


Last Monday the nursery was closed for the fiesta, so Rebecca and I took Theo off to the beach as we had a few other things to get too. Last time we went there the sand was very course and gritty, this time it had been replaced with light soft sand, much better to play with. We had a nice treat of lunch out as it was warm and sunny.


I actually picked up my knitting again, haven´t done any for ages so it was a nice change

Time for lunch

take care

xcx
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the Moroccan solar light - the pattern looks beautiful. The beach looks very inviting.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with it. Didn´t try the water, still a bit brr xcx

      Delete
  2. Didn't know that about the tomatoes Chrissie. I think I will have a go at it. Balcony tomato harvest 🤨. I am a bit ambition,don't you think? As I understand one just cuts of bits of tomatoe and plants in a pot of earth. Is that right? That lamp is really decorative I very much like the Morroccan effect ... and its solar. Did you buy it online or locally? Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes just slice the tomato, I used cherry ones, lay on to the compost and lightly cover, then wait lol. I bought it on Amazon.es, doesn´t really light the way but the effect is very pretty. I chose a larger one at about 24e as the others seemed to be very small xcx

      Delete
    2. I have seen tomatoes grown hanging upside down if space is a problem, never done it, suppose a google search might help xcx

      Delete