Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A finish

 We went along to the fiesta parade in Benissa on Saturday, this was the Moors and Christians festival. There were bands marching and various groups in very different costumes, they must have taken an age to make, very rich colours. We didn´t go along to the actual siege on Sunday, but apparently it was very good.

We have been in the pool most days and I am trying to build up the number of lengths as a good form of exercise. I´m up to 34 at the moment, although our pool is 10m in length, 2 m of that are shallow steps which are brilliant for Theo to play on, although he enjoys splashing around with us too.

I haven´t a clue what they are called, but these succulents by our little pond have been flowering, they remind me of little fairy hats.


Sashie and Sonia seem to be settling down more now, they venture out into the courtyard, but we have blocked up the escape routes until they are calmer. They have been trying to make friends with ours, but there is plenty of room for all of them to do their own thing.


Amber, on the chair, is rather feisty, she is a don´t pick me up kind of cat but does enjoy a smoothing on her terms, I think Sashie and her had had words.

Been a bit lacking in the crafting scene, but I have finished two beaded butterflies for my wall hanging, which is going rather slowly. Now I have to think of what to put in some of the other squares.



I have got a finish though, the crochet blanket, very simple, something you can do while watching the telly. There wasn´t any real thought in the design, I was just using up yarns from other projects.


Time for a swim I think

take care

xcx



6 comments:

  1. Granny square blankets are great for stash busting and also when you just want some mindless crochet, but I think they always look good. The butterfly is lovely, I wouldn't know where to start with beading, it looks very intricate. I'm pleased to hear that Sashie and Sonia are settling in, I suppose cats are like chickens and have a pecking order. It'll be a case of them finding out who is top cat and how far they can push each of them. It must be lovely to have a pool when the weather's hot, we could have done with one here just lately, although our weather never holds long enough to justify having one. It would be a waste of money for our one week of summer each year, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree mindless is sometimes better than nothing at all. Beading is surprisingly easy, for the butterflies I cut out the shape from craft foam then stitched randomly hoping it was even. I agree about the pool, although we did have an above ground one in Devon but when I sold the farm they turned it into a carp pond! xcx

      Delete
  2. regular swims sounds good.... it is a very good and gentle exercise. love the butterfly - have always loved your beading and a great finish with the crochet blanket...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished 40 lengths which equates to 304m, phew. Thank you, beading is quite therapeutic especially when you can just stitch at random xcx

      Delete
  3. How lovely to be able to have a regular swim - such good exercise. It's good to hear that the cats are settling down. The wall hanging and blanket are looking lovely.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, amazing how complacent you can become without a little push, but I´m glad to have the opportunity to swim. xcx

      Delete