Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Little bits

Haven't felt like blogging - didn't have much to say and what I might have wanted to say is probably best kept inside.  A bit blue too, but funny enough others in blogland have the same feelings, shouldn't be the weather as it's 32C at 10am and beautiful blue skies.  Anyway if in doubt, get the crafting out

Went into Calpe yesterday for a long overdue eye test, seven years opps! no wonder I needed new prescriptions and have been struggling with the close work.  So in a week I shall be singing the song 'I can see clearly now' Johnny Nash lol

I have been doing some knitting, stitching and crochet for our little Miss and Rebecca's friend Jo
Burp cloths, cotton bibs, bootees and a jacket for our little Miss
Similar for Jo, except the blue jackets has walked off!



ripple car seat/stroller blanket for Jo
and thanking everyone for your suggestions on quilting the little play mat/ quilt, that is finished too

Not as ambitious as some of the beautiful quilts we see, but I am still chuffed with it, a mix of hand and machine quilting.  You have to start somewhere! :-)

Talking of little Miss, we can say she has been named
Leocia Fleur Nathalie
beautiful!

Some household chores done! a nice cuppa and a few moments for me! ripple blanket, bibs or balls?
take care
xcx

ps. just had some different visitors in the little plaza, but I'll save that for another day

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling yourself. I hope that things will be resolved soon. Take care of yourself. Thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon. Such a beautiful, unusual name. How do you pronounce her first name? Is it Lee o sha? I've never heard that before. I love all those lovely little things you've made, especially those bootees, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I have never heard of it before either! I think I shall go with you on how to pronounce it, we are not sure. xcx

      Delete
  3. You have made lots of lovely goodies.. and what a pretty name for a pretty little miss.... how lovely.
    Hope you feel a bit more upbeat soon.... you have had a tough couple of years and maybe you are a bit tired? if you feel like chatting or just getting it off the chest.... I'm a good listener/reader..... wish we were closer and I'd be there with tea and cake...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Fiona, I think you have hit the nail on the head, seems any other little thing knocks me back these days. The tea and cake sounds lovely. xcx

      Delete
  4. such gorgeous baby makes! I love the blanket and the playmat is fabulous. I have to say, I love the bunny too! How do you pronounce little Miss's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Wendy, I think we are going to go with Jo's suggestion as we don't really know and communication is a little sparse at the moment xcx!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous makes for the babies Chrissie! I'm sure the mums will be delighted. I adore the little shoes. Hope you are feeling better very soon and that the crafting helps. I find it very therapeutic-it definitely helps me through rough times and definitely has got me through after losing my Mum two years ago. Take care Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alison, I have enjoyed making all the little things. I think crafting goes a long way to helping, filling voids or just to give a different perspective on daily comings and goings and life's challenges. xcx

    ReplyDelete