Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A finish.....

Finished something at last,
I began knitting a waterfall waistcoat several weeks ago, then when all was knitted it sat in the basket waiting to be stitched up, (my least favourite part)
The yarn is King Cole Opium Palette and varies in thickness
something completely different for me and a challenge, although once I got used to it and keeping the tension is didn´t turn out to badly.

I started on a short sleeved long jumper too, it seemed a nice simple easy pattern! Until I came to pick up for the round neck, use straight needles it said, yeah right got 3/4´s of the way round and came to a grinding halt, no way could you pick up the rest of the stitches, so I emailed the designer (twice) but didn´t get a response. So I thought to ask an expert, especially one who knits such lovely socks. Jo at Through The Keyhole came up with the answer, use a circular needle, so that project is now waiting in the wings

I was given some lemons straight from the tree, lovely fresh and sweeter than shop bought ones, so I thought I would plant some of the pips, I am so pleased as all six pips have germinated
I made little cloches from the water bottles and a recycled meat tray


Baby monster, now at 7 1/2 months, has had his trip to the vet, he was a little dopey for a couple of days, but then was soon back to his mad scatty ways
The vet said he was much bigger than average for his age and he already weighs in about 4kg

Better go, have Spanish homework to do before the lesson tonight
take care
xcx
 

6 comments:

  1. Knitting is a tricky subject isn't it, I hope you can work it all out. How great that you have got six lemons coming along, they will be wonderful I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was most surprised not hearing from the designer. You tube tutorials here we come! Jo was very helpful. I will transplant the lemons when they are a little bigger. Xcx

      Delete
  2. Oh, your waterfall waistcoat is lovely, such gorgeous colours too. Hope you manage to sort out the jumper, a circular needle should do the trick and they're not scary to use, I'm sure you'll find it quite easy once you get going. Awww, Baby Monster is such a cutie, I'd love a cat again but Daniel's become allergic so it's a no no, not sure how Archie would take to one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it came out very lacy, I like the waterfall effect, gives it some character. Monster gets into all sorts of scraps but he is calming down, well sort of lol xcx

      Delete
  3. what a pretty waistcoat - really does look waterfally....

    Monster looks pretty cute....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I really like the waterfall styles. Xcx

      Delete