Thursday, December 21, 2017

When life gives you oranges

Yesterday we ventured out into town to collect the post and a few necessities.
It still makes me smile after all these years of being here, when I see orange trees laden with fruit lining the streets of the towns.
It is a sort of surreal feeling but feels very festive somehow.

This bug seems to have depleted all our energy and we were both absolutely shattered by the time we got home. Little by little!

On both of my flights to the Uk, I had a window seat and was able to get a couple of good photos
The first one is going over our Sierra Bernia mountain range, you can also see Calpe rock

The second is over Benidorm



The return flight was rather bumpy with seat belt restrictions most of the way, items even flew off the trays unless you held on tight. It was good to land!
Have a good day
take care
xcx

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I wouldn't have liked that flight, I've got worse with flying as I've got older and it's ten years now since I've been on a plane. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks getting there. I took some crochet to do and it certainly whiled away the time and got me through a couple of tummy churning moments. I took an old hook with me just in case someone was funny, but they completely ignored it, don´t think they would turn a blind eye to knitting needles though. xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these bugs can be very draining and they take time to fully recover.... how lovely those orange trees look - I wonder if people walk by and pick them off to eat?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona, hope you enjoyed your festivities. Funny enough no one does pick them, there is a custom that if you are thirsty you may pick one orange but never seen it done. xcx

    ReplyDelete