Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Random


Just sorted out some of the phone photos so a bit random

We were given a lovely present from Rebecca and Antoni and Bump, a real aww factor

Tear jerker with the little wave.

Our wonderful hot chocolate, not sure what was most satisfied, the tummy or the feet for the rest!
Salted caramel and gingerbread with soya

Decided on a little play time in the kitchen, when we left, the fridge was really empty and I was grateful to be able to secure a supermarket delivery slot for the day after we returned.
So experimenting, I made cranberry, walnut, sage stuffing for a turkey breast, with honey, garlic roasted carrots. Now Chris hates carrots unless they are cooked with orange, which being so allergic to them, (oranges)I can´t even have them in the house. It was a gamble, suffice to say we have had them since. Yes!! a result............
Then it was pumpkin, carrot and coriander soup

Moving on to bread pudding, Ok I started this, but now it seems to have become rather a favourite

I have always enjoyed being creative in the kitchen, 
I can buy 72% dark chocolate from the supermarket and as long as I don´t go overboard, ie. two or three squares a week, I can get away with having it.
However, flat, hard chocolate doesn´t really ´do´it, so
I made these, please excuse the presentation as I packed them and took them down to neighbours night, forgetting to take a  photo

Cranberry with almond and ginger
They didn´t last long at all
Having children with dairy intolerance taught me to improvise, so I used to make their chocolate Easter eggs, in those days using carob substitute, felt a little like capturing years gone by
Got some orders now lol
As I am writing this, having done prep first and left other half to carry on,  a small bowl of green olives stuffed with anchovies has appeared on the desk, hmmm
Must be a cue to get off and carry on
take care
xcx






12 comments:

  1. I've read through this post saying mmmm, yum, scrummy, but I don't think that first photo can be beaten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, not one for really having lots of photos out but that one is there for sure xcx

      Delete
  2. oooh… it's 6.45 int he morning here and you have made me very hungry!! haha... it all looks delicious.
    I love the sound of that soup and my favourite way to have carrots is caramelised with butter and honey... mmmmmm
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, breakfast soon then! As last I have found a way to cook carrots that Chris will eat, taken long enough! lol xcx

      Delete
  3. Oh that first photograph …
    So wonderful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes isn´t it, the wonders of modern technology, just waiting for the next one xcx

      Delete
  4. Dear Chrissie
    That first photo is lovely. However, the food photos come a close second, especially the chocolates!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You work hard in the kitchen, then boof its all gone lol xcx

      Delete
  5. The soup looks good, but if he's allergic how does he eat all those items with carrots in them? Congrats on the up coming birth. That's always exciting.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, its the way I tell it!! He just dislikes carrots, but will eat them grated in coleslaw, it´s me who is highly allergic to oranges (and a few other things) can´t even have them in the house, once the skin is broken then thats it for me. xcx

      Delete
  6. I expect I am too late for some of the bread pudding - darn it! Still, not too late to say congratulations all round on lovely photograph no 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a little left surprisingly. Shame its too far to pop in for a cuppa! Thank you, I love it, we have another scan to look forward to in a couple of weeks xcx

      Delete