Saturday, January 26, 2019

Paper trails

I am trying to take advantage of the sunny days as we have them, when the wind is in the right direction which means our Naya is really warm and a sun trap, even getting up to 18 some days. I start off with several layers, gradually peeling them off and pulling my sleeves up. 
I sit just away from the table, as today, when I was trying to pick up stitches for the armholes of the purple jumper, when I realised that I was getting ´driver´s arm´, quite a marked difference from lilly white to a gentle tan. Now I am not a sun worshiper, as in I can´t be asked to sit or lay in the sun doing nothing just to resemble being a lizard, but I think I may have to shift sides to even up the brown bits.

A couple of days ago it was just not possible to do this, so having seen Fee´s post 
http://www.feeslittlecraftsstudio.com/
I decided to have a play.
Rebecca and Antoni had left a couple of little pressies each the last time they were over for us to open for Christmas, well as Christmas didn´t happen I had mine when I got back, this was one of them


Absolutely brilliant, so many blades, very easy to change system with the stone to resharpen the blades as and when.
As I am not really into paper craft as such, apart from a butterfly stamp we used for our wedding decorations and saving bits n bobs, as you do, I didn´t have pretty papers or paper embellishments, but I did have some card.


First attempt at box making as Fee describes in her tutorial
Except I forgot the belly band!

Second attempt, getting there! 

Except the butterfly punch was broken, so call for help, no point in having an engineer in the house if you dont call on their expertise. There was a time of well this has had it, unless I......drill through here, put pins in there and..... well he did, and it worked, yeah!!



Long way to go, but after cutting the boxes I had left over card so made a little gift tag


Yeah, I know, no where near the wonderful creations card people make, but we all have to start somewhere, I´ve got some Angelina fibers somewhere, have to hunt them out
I even had a thought of using the glue gun to make some of the embellishments, so using waxed paper, drew the shape and tried to trace........... Ah yes well, it seems gone are the days when I used to use a 00 nozzle for icing cos as you will see this did not turn out well

Not wishing to blame my tools, but it was not really controllable enough, any way, nothing lost, rather frustrating really with the way my gun (mis) behaved

However, I did splash out!! MIL gave me some money and instead of it getting buried amongst usual finances, I decided to buy an envelope maker
So along with a pack of paper, I had 2p left of my money and they delivered to Spain, win win

Just have to be patient
take care
xcx




10 comments:

  1. I think you may be starting on a new hobby here, I look forward to following along. Wow, a tan in January, the temperature is set to plummet again here tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so difficult to get cards here as the Spanish are not really into card sending, so apart from overseas Iceland the choice is rather limiting. Surprising how the sun can catch you out xcx

      Delete
  2. well done with your efforts … a great start to a new addiction? I had a giggle at your glue gun even though that is 100 times better than I can manage.... good for you for getting something you want... I'm intrigued so show us when it comes..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I think a little visit to Hobbycraft is on the cards on my next UK visit. Will take some photos and show you xcx

      Delete
  3. Hi Chrissie i think they are wonderful you have done an amazing job of your box and card.You will have lots of fun with your envelope maker,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, looking forward to receiving it, apparently it is already waiting at the post office xcx

      Delete
  4. Well I think you have done well with these crafts, and I look forward to seeing more creations.

    How nice to start getting a tan in January, the temperatures in the UK are quite chilly.

    My good wishes for the coming new week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a lot easier with the pretty papers, see how we go. Out of the wind the sun still packs a punch xcx

      Delete
  5. Hi there, thanks for popping by, and thank you I think it will be lovely to pop a little gift into a pretty box xcx

    ReplyDelete