Saturday, May 15, 2021

Dickie birds

 I received my first vaccination a couple of weeks ago, having registered on line. First I received a temporary SIP number (Spanish health care) and a couple of days later an appointment, although the appointment system didn´t seem to be adhered to, just a long queue. No real problems except with my dodgy immune system it exacerbated the fatigue, hey ho, overcoming that now.

Chris now qualifies for a permanent SIP card, so armed with lots of paperwork we went to the local health centre to register. I now have a temporary card which can be updated with yet more paperwork at a later date and Chris has his full one. Two big ticks on the ´to do´list.

The tray of peas have now been transplanted to their final site with round green beans waiting in the wings. Can´t say the same for the courgettes they just seem to be snail food.

Another hanging basket

This is our sage and rosemary patch, so pretty with all their flowers, gone a bit wild I think

and a sea view across the back garden - difficult to see, but it´s there



Getting to grips with one of the back beds, tough as old boots to weed.


With the warmer weather, out came the old flip flops, rather boring and very plain, so I jazzed them up a bit by adding a little bling with the glue gun

I purchased some chenille type yarn at the Chinese bazaar, 2e a ball, so for 5e I have a nice soft tactile cushion for the outside furniture. Never knitted with yarn this thick and needed 9mm needles, just plain stocking stitch, bit hard going but a nice result. As there was quite a lot left I picked up another one to make a second

Rebecca and I talk a couple of times a day, mostly with video so we can play with Theo and watch all his antics. The other day I was playing ´two little dickie birds´ with him, bit of a difficult concept for him only using two fingers, but at the end when Paul flies back he ran off and came back with his ball to show me. Well I suppose at that age ball and Paul do sound the same.
So I thought I would make some finger puppets for him to make it a bit easier

As he is not playing with them directly, I added embellishments and used the glue gun, so no sewing.
He loves to bring me things to show me and we join in together when he has quiet time with his books. Trying to make the most of a still very difficult time.

Well better be off, have a good weekend
take care
xcx


5 comments:

  1. We've just been told that they're going to be bringing all the second vaccinations forward, though mine's due in a few weeks anyway so I'm not sure whether I'll get mine sooner or not. It must be so hard for you being apart from your family, especially with a little one when all you want are cuddles. Thank goodness for technology, not the same I know but at least it's something. I love those finger puppets, I'm sure Theo will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my first vaccination last Wednesday in the Cuidad de la Luz film studios which is situated on the main road to the airport. It is really well organised,very quick,lots of very nice helpful people. They are going at full blast to get the vaccinations done. I have my second one on 9th June. Your flip flops look really good.I think I shall have a bash at sprucing my flip flops up a bit too. The finger puppets are such a good idea as well. I am sure Theo will find them of lots of fun. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you have had your vaccination. I am waiting for my second. Your cushions look great - very squashy and lovely! I am sure the little finger puppets will be very popular.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting along okay.... vaccination here too. the finger puppets are great.... children love talking to puppets/toys
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete