Thursday, June 17, 2021

At last

 After 4 years of laying dormant and being left near the kitchen window, my Orchid has just produced this beautiful stem  although another flower has opened after taking this photo

I really thought it had had it, although the foliage was good, so nice to see it revive itself. Will have to look on google as to its further care.

Also in the courtyard, a second pot of lilies has flowered, I think I prefer this colour to the rather bold, brash orange ones.



I have knitted a little jacket and a pair of dungarees for Theo´s little rabbit. My idea was it might help him to learn to dress using the button and poppers on the straps of the dungarees. I made sure I fastened them well and will advise that he plays with them with parental supervision.


I found one of the old flower pots had cracked and was going to throw it out, but then I thought about it and decided to try to create a little fairy garden. I dug out the contents, saving the one little plant that had survived, found another couple of broken pots and started building. It isn´t the prettiest of pots but hopefully by the time its planted up you won´t see much of it. Unfortunately it is situated where we get full sun most of the day, it´s also very heavy, so it´s a bit of a slow process.


 Today we had a trip out to the foreign office in Alicante north, to secure our TIE´s, basically an up to date identity card. We had to wait as they were running over an hour late, but it was very straight forward having all the paperwork in place, so after finger prints were taken and being told the cards could take up to 4 weeks to be produced, that was it, finished. Collection is from a totally different office in Alicante, thank goodness for Google maps.

Better go and get on with the evening meal

take care

xcx

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Your orchid and lilies are beauties for sure... gorgeous. A lovely little set for Theo and clever idea for the fairies.. they will move in soon!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those slow projects, I have been digging up some succulents from the garden to decorate it xcx

      Delete
  2. Well done with the orchid - I have managed to kill several through over watering! I am sure Theo's rabbit will look very smart in the new outfit.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought I could make him a fiddle board with zip, buttons, velcro, laces etc xcx

      Delete
  3. I so love Orchids they really are the most exotic of flowers! It makes me happy to see them flower which doesn't always happen with mine. I have a very stubborn one with plenty of green leaves and is doing great but hasn't flowered for a couple of years. Yours are a particularly lovely type! That is the cutest of clothing for Theo's rabbit and such a very good idea too! keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty, worth the wait, and patience paid off. Bit concerned over the button being small but I did attach it very strongly. I do hope all went well with your proceedure and you are feeling better now take care xcx

      Delete