Tuesday, June 8, 2021

A finish

Finished Theo´s little jumper, weird pattern, short body but extremely long sleeves, so I changed it using the measurements for his jacket. Not overly happy with it and I don´t think I shall be doing another one.


 Still it gives him another jumper to mess about in.

We had a "little" harvest this week of the peas, Chris is one of those who likes to eat them straight from the pod, so I think a few went awol lol



We had a second similar picking a few days later, just enough for a taster.

Earlier in the year I had to prune back Rose´s rose, it had some sort of fungi and I wasn´t sure if it would come back, but I´m so pleased with it, flowering well

We had to retrieve our post so a little jaunt into Benissa. They have opened up a new Chinese bazaar, that makes 3 now! so I decided to have a nosey round. This one has a wider range of home accessories which gave a few ideas, not so much craft items as the other one, different items so it will be a case of hunting around between the two largest ones.

On my mooch I spotted some alphabet jigsaw puzzles, ideal for Theo. One has numbers on the back too, I shall keep them here for him to play with and plan to make some drawstring bags to hold the pieces once they are unwrapped.

 


They are all wooden, bright and cheerful and for 2.80 euros each, I thought quite a good bargain.

I also repotted my avocado plant. Grew this from the seed a couple of years ago, it obviously enjoys its new home and spreading its roots with its new growth. Wonder how many years I have to wait until it may produce fruit lol

 Our car is a little poorly at the moment, needs two new wheel bearings, so we are home bound until they can lend us a courtesy car and get it fixed. Never mind, the sun is out after our wet weekend 
take care
xcx

6 comments:

  1. The jumper looks good so you've obviously adjusted it well, some patterns are so strange with long arms and short bodies. I love to eat peas straight from the pod. Aren't those jigsaws cute, lovely and colourful to keep Theo's attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think a jacket next. I think they will keep him occupied for a little while xcx

      Delete
  2. I'm sure the jumper will be very popular! The jigsaws are great too and definitely bargains.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s a little large at the moment but should be ok ready for the autumn xcx

      Delete
  3. That’s a lovely bright jumper I am sure Theo will love it. Little ones are always drawn to bright colours and images. Those animal jigsaws are a bargain and certainly educational. In fact I shall suggest to my daughter that she looks in the Chinese Bazaars for them here as something like that she could make use of in her kiddies class. Fresh peas... that does bring back memories of helping Mum shell peas at home and where we used to munch on a few when she wasn’t looking lol! Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they put the video on when they were opening it and he was more interested in the jiffy bag lol. I noticed today the shop had different designs of the jigsaws, hope she is lucky. I used to enjoy sitting there with Grandma shelling peas and listening to her stories. xcx

      Delete