Friday, April 8, 2016

Beading

One day last summer we decided to go to Maria´s, our local restaurant, I enjoy wearing jewellery and as usual had some of my own beaded items on. It was commented upon and Maria asked if I would make up a board with some necklaces and bracelets to sell in the restaurant. It is a challenge to display them well with such a limited space available

 along with some earrings
It has proved quite popular and I was also asked to do several commissions

Since Christmas with the two weddings and receptions etc I haven´t had the time to replace sold items and to introduce new designs, so this last week I have been busy beading

The designs are quite time consuming, these are some of the latest ones


I have made a few more but not photographed them yet.  These have all been made from my stash, might just have to get a few replacements!
Have a great weekend
take care
xcx 


6 comments:

  1. They're really lovely and it's great that you've got an outlet which will sell them for you. Beading or jewellery making is something I've never had a go at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hadn´t been doing much bead work, apart from French beaded flowers, but that is another story.....so I was really surprised to be asked and chuffed too xcx

      Delete
  2. They look so lovely. Would love to be able to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, thanks, I just love the way using different beads can totally change the look xcx

      Delete
  3. those are so pretty - I admire that fine beading a lot... those corded bracelets look very detailed...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, must admit the tiles do take rather a time to construct as they use square stitch, bit like building a brick wall xcx

      Delete