Thursday, July 7, 2016

Shopping

I have been attending a hypnotherapy meditation class for a few weeks, very interesting, and no we don´t end up clucking like chickens as the media would have you believe. However it is extremely relaxing ie think horizontal and at the same time invigorating, allowing your own thoughts to mix with the suggestions.  It can help all sorts of ´problems´ tensions, medical problems etc.  A total chill out zone, if you get the chance to try just give it a go with an open mind and see what happens.

Rebecca and I decided on a little retail therapy
Now bear in mind I hate shopping, just can´t be asked
however its amazing how the word ´wedding´makes you think otherwise
so off we went to Valencia
First stop was Ikea
Never been, just know the hype that goes with this store
It was Huge, really huge
We decided to stick with the items we wanted to look at, ie vessels for wedding flowers
It´s very clever, they ´walk´you through various areas so you see items and stop and yes buy!
ie the babies department,
But we were very reserved and didn´t load the trolley up
A few items for the kitchen, a few for the wedding and a couple for the grandkids
Even at the checkout it was all very slick
The area is huge, with so many stores, this is the shot taken from the exit of Ikea across the ´park´

Would you believe, there was even a ´huge´store what would be the equivilent of Ann Summers, really didn´t feel the need to explore!!

Another point on the list was a visit to a dress shop looking for an outfit for the Mother of the Bride
Ok, now here they all seem to be a size 8-12
So if you are a little over that then you are in trouble
Oh my goodness, some of the dresses they gave me to try had us in stitches
No, nope, sorry no pics, horrible
Needless to say it was either, forgive me, but very grandma´ish or flemenco style and totally unsuitable, gosh, how to be made to feel very big (which I´m not) very frumpy  or totally ridiculous
so it´s back to the drawing board on that one

Today we have had some of the funny wet stuff on and off, trying to convince us it has rained
but it did interupt the beaded flower making for a bit
but still carrying on
so take care
xcx   

5 comments:

  1. well done with the hypnotherapy - I am always a bit reserved with mind things but if it works it's alll good. You sound like me in the shopping department - just not fun. We have an Ikea a couple of hours ago - it's a good walk getting around isn't it - no short cuts!!
    Happy beading...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, we have a different meditation each week. deeply relaxing and you can deal with your own issues privately like putting your worries/troubles in a hot air balloon and letting it float away. I've not been to an Ikea before but in this one they had swing doors to go to another department rather than follow the route which was useful. Yup, still beading in the sun xcx

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrissie your hypnotheraphy sounds interesting,i also had trouble getting mother of the bride outfits for both my girls weddings and in the end i had to made them myself,good luck with finding something ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a very sensible thing to do, but although I turn my hand to many crafts, dress making is not one of them unfortunately. The spanish have totally different kinds of ideas for their weddings, some even turn up in jeans! As I am walking Rebecca down the aisle I think I need something a bit better lol xcx

      Delete
  3. Hi Chrissie your hypnotheraphy sounds interesting,i also had trouble getting mother of the bride outfits for both my girls weddings and in the end i had to made them myself,good luck with finding something ....

    ReplyDelete