Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Furries

Having been to visit some of our friends finca higher up the mountain to water their garden as they have returned to the UK until September, we were so surprised to come across these two red squirrels playing tag across the road.
We stopped and reached for the ever present video camera, but one was a little shy and darted away whilst his companion showed off.
Been living up here for nearly eleven years now and this is the first time for seeing them.


My other experience with furries today was not quite such a nice one.
I got out of bed, walked through the dressing room where Thomas, Benji and Felix were playing chase and into the shower.
After a while all was quiet as they disappeared downstair for their breakfast.
I opened the bathroom door, well I tried too, I was completely trapped
The little rascals had decided to pick at the carpet outside the door and had rucked it all up
No way was the door going to open
there was not enough room to slide something along to smooth it out either.
Nothing for it but to call for help!
The door opened no more than an inch so I yelled
and yelled and yelled...........
I even got a metal container and started to bang on the door
Nothing... nada.... no response....
Its all very well having walls about 2 feet thick but there is no way of making anyone hear
Having spoken with Chris further about it, he then admitted he thought the banging was the washing machine having a tantrum.....!!!!!!! words fail me............

Eventually after what seemed an absolute age (probably 5 minutes) Chris heard me as he walked from the hallway to the kitchen
Hello?!
I´m trapped
Oh!
Oh dear, he said with a little chuckle as he freed the door, lucky for him he disappeared before I could get out............
Strong tape/glue needed to prevent reoccurence

take care
xcx

p.s. next post is all about pigs ears!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so funny..... especially about the washing machine having a tantrum! the little red squirrel looks quite a dainty chap..... looking forward to the pig ears post...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the clip didnt work, but we have redone it. Must admit I was getting a little hot under the collar, last time when I fell over in the courtyard and yelled and banged it took 40 minutes for him to hear (watching football at the time) at least it wasnt so long xcx

      Delete
  2. I can't get the video to work, it's probably my laptop. He does look cute though. Your furries are full of mischief, I can just imagine you banging on the door trying to get out. I'm intrigued about the pigs ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, the link didn´t work sorry, try it now. Only short and taken through the car window. Quite scarry to think how long it could have been if I had been here on my own. xcx

      Delete
  3. very cute..... quick little thing ..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete