Thursday, August 9, 2018

Pottering about

I have been tidying up the courtyard and melting in the process!
After all the lovely flowers all the pots needed rearranging and sorting out, some are even budding again which will be nice.
We planted some cucumbers, plum and salad tomatoes and these are now ripening nicely.
We have already had quite a few cucumbers and along with some of our plum tomatoes, Chris made some gazpacho, (a very flavour some cold soup)

I also put down a large pot of potatoes, be interesting to see what happens to those.
We were a little late with the courgettes but even they have flowers now
We have found container growing in the courtyard to be the best way of growing some veg especially with the difficulty of watering well.
I love going outside and picking what you want.

take care
xcx

10 comments:

  1. It's the first year for many years that I'm not growing any veggies and I'm missing them now that it's harvesting time. I grew everything in pots before I got my allotment and I'm back to that way of growing again now that I've given it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your allotment must have been quite time consuming. Our ground is like concrete so pots is the way to go xcx

      Delete
  2. Dear Chrissie
    It is lovely to be able to pick your own produce. I am enjoying picking blueberries which are having a very good year.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yummy, love blueberries. When we first moved over berries were hard to find and expensive, now the main supermarkets have realised their error and now stock them xcx

      Delete
  3. I think the best thing ever is home grown tomatoes... the shop ones just don't get the flavour….
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on that, here the Spanish salad tomatoes are ok, very large and juicy compared to some of the other varieties xcx

      Delete
  4. Your soup looks good. If I ever get back to veggie gardening I like your idea of containers to make things more manageable and less work.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is very refreshing when cold, it´s also good if you are a little peckish, a nice glass tops you up. Containers are the way to go, especially when its difficult to get down to garden xcx

      Delete
  5. What a delicious soup this is!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy to make with just a few fresh ingredients. Another version is to put bread in it although I personally don´t like that and don´t want the wheat anyway. xcx

      Delete