Thursday, September 27, 2018

Beanies

This summer with it being so hot, has really stopped alot of things happening, including finding the mojo for crafting, so wanting something easy but satisfying to do, I found my inspiration here

Jo´s post was all about what was on her needles, including knitting beanies for the homeless.
What a fantastic idea, I had some yarn I was given but didn´t know what I would use it for, so tad dar moment
So Jo I hope you don´t mind that I nicked your idea and thank you for your inspiration
I have made these through the summer and have given them to Rebecca to take back to Reading as there is a homeless shelter there.
I basically used just two patterns using straight needles
I do hope they will be of use to them.
Moved on to some different projects now,
but I can´t show them yet!

take care
xcx

8 comments:

  1. Mind? I'm over the moon. It's such a worthwhile thing to do. My heart goes out to those poor souls who find themselves in such a predicament to have no home, it must be terrible at any time of year but even more so during the winter months. I'm sure the shelter in Reading will be very grateful for your donation. They look great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I´m so glad you didn´t mind, a drop in the ocean but hopefully every little helps, good that Rebecca took them with her as they were quite heavy in the end. xcx

      Delete
  2. those beanies look lovely and warm... great idea for some crafting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, easy, productive and hopefully useful xcx

      Delete
  3. I think it's a wonderful idea …
    They look great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats for the homeless is always a good choice. You might know, or not that I have a blog dedicated to the homeless, Bridge and Beyond where people knit and crochet. We've been at it for 10 years, so I know your hats will be well received by the homeless. Your color choices are excellent as well, they work for men or women and aren't bright colors or wild stripes...homeless like to stay away from things that cause attention to themselves...partially for protection.
    Sandy's Space
    I may hope over to check out the pattern, as I post straight forward patterns on my blog as well to help those who'd like to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for your link. It´s nice to know that the colours are ok, did wonder if they were a little drab but your explanations do make sense xcx

    ReplyDelete