Sunday, October 7, 2018

A bit of a yarn

I thought it was about time I put some new additions on my jewellry board that is up at Maria´s restaurant. I also wanted to make something a little different, I usually go for petite designs so after rummaging I was pleased to find some chunky beads and began threading.
Apart from jazzing the board up a bit, my main thinking was more choice for perhaps Christmas presents. It´s been about 27C so it was nice to sit in the courtyard just beading.
Perhaps my biggest problem is trying to work out what to charge
Always a difficult one no matter what you are crafting

A couple of weeks ago I placed an order for yarn with Deramores
Their postage charges are usually 4.95 no matter how much you order and usually take about a week to arrive.
Having made my selections I found they were offering free postage to Europe on orders over 25.00, and as I had umm spent a little!! bit more than that, I qualified.
Then I spotted a 15% off code, even better
They are also doing a points system that you are able to redeem on your next order or save it up
I was also able to collect more points by just liking them on Facebook  etc, so discounts and now I have over 5.00 saved in points.
Win, win

The parcel was quite large! It took a week as expected and now I just need more time in the day to complete some of the intended projects.
I´m sure we can all identify with that lol

take care
xcx

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure your jewellery will do very well. You've kept us in suspense with the yarn, I shall look forward to seeing some new projects start appearing. It's so easy to make up a big order when you see the scrummy yarns on offer, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, it has fits and starts sometimes selling nothing for ages then lots in one go. Bit of a tease about the yarn wasn´t it. Oh so easy that´s why I was so pleased with the discounts xcx

      Delete
  2. WEll done on your on line shopping!! I've not heard of that shop, need to look it up...or perhaps I shouldn't, lol. If you'd see my yarn stash. Lovely beads, good luck with your sales.
    I've changed my profile picture, thought I'd mention it, as people don't know it's me, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s really hard to find decent yarn here unless you are in the cities. Mostly its in the chinese bazaars and the quality is so inferior and the cost of shipping is reasonable too xcx

      Delete
  3. your bead work is lovely. I was once told cost of materials x 3 but personally I feel you charge what you are comfortable with. you can always change next time round... lovely ot have all that new yarn to play with.... and even better when you get a bargain...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, that is a good way to work things out, for the time taken the cost doesn´t cover it but I think I would rather sell some than nothing, no point in having stacks of beads sitting in the drawers xcx

      Delete
  4. … "my main thinking was more choice for perhaps Christmas presents."
    I think that is a great idea :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete