Sunday, October 21, 2018

A little miracle

I have been so excited over the last two months and have found it very difficult to keep a huge secret
but now I can share.

We are absolutely delighted and over the moon to be able to announce that 
Rebecca and Antoni are expecting their first baby in April
What a little miracle after everything she has been through

Now 13 weeks, and baby is about the size of a plum. The twelve week scan has passed with every thing OK
Baby was hiding and we only got a wave, but soooooo exciting
I sent them a special photo frame that says 1st scan, 2nd scan and I´m here, to keep the photo safe

We knew two months ago and straight away out came the needles
using yarn I had been storing up in readiness I clicked away knowing they were coming out in the next three weeks and I wanted to give her some goodies made with oceans of love.

So in those three weeks I made, two blankets, cardigan, hats, mittens, bootees, found some pink and blue wrapping paper and was ready, 






Rebecca came out first and I couldn´t wait and she was so pleased with every thing
Oohing and Arring over each piece.
Antoni was pleased too, but it´s different for the men isn´t it!

Since then I have been working on a larger, cot size blanket and a hooded towel in 100% cotton.

So I have been busy but just couldn´t say anything, we speak every day to catch up on news and any thoughts or niggles, which is very comforting being so far apart

I am careful to say lets find out about a topic because many years have passed since having my two and with modern technology at your finger tips and different medical opinons, some of it is old hat, although some is also just common sense. Also of course, Rebecca has some special medical needs, but she was given a cardiologist appointment within three weeks, with ultrasound and halter tests arranged, next is an obstetrics appointment, so they are on the ball

Rebecca has a couple of apps, detailing week by week what is happening with baby and also Mum which is quite informative for both of us. Not like me, it was just get on with it back then.

So now you know why the yarn delivery from Deramores was a little bit secret, couldn´t show all the lovely pastels and soft bamboo and cottons without giving the game away.
Already used the cotton for the hooded towel robe, finished the large size blanket and now onto a smaller one idea for car seats or pram.

There is a fair amount of steam coming from them there needles lol

take care
xcx 





13 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations to you all. Such happy news for Rebecca after the problems she's had. I should have known when you didn't share the yarn delivery but I never twigged. I think this will be the best dressed baby, you've already made some gorgeous little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, as we didn´t know what damage the chemo and radiotherapy had caused it is indeed such thrilling news. Bit of a tease with the yarn lol xcx

      Delete
  3. that is such wonderful news and I'm so excited for you all..... love what you have made so far and you will have so much fun making others... congrats to all xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, ideas are buzzing around, just not enough time! xcx

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovelies for baby!!
    There is something special and exciting about making baby clothes...I think my favourite pastime in crochet.Perhaps it is because they are so tiny and make up so quickly

    Keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it´s lovely to knit lovely tiny things and quickly too xcx

      Delete
  5. Oh Chrissie how lovely. My little grandson arrived in August at just 26 weeks. It's been a bit of a roller coaster but he is doing well and is now 11 weeks I don't know where that time has gone already. I too have been busy with the crochet hook and knitting needles making tiny weeny little cardigans and hats. You'll be so excited and it's lovely that they are including you every step of the way. April will soon be here.

    Mitzi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitzi, lovely to see you, Gosh that must have been stressful but I´m really pleased to hear all is well. Antoni has even asked if I have booked my flight for April yet! It will be a planned c section due to Rebecca´s health complications, just have to make the booking flexible xcx

      Delete
  6. Oh Chrissie, such wonderful news.
    I'm so pleased and excited for all of you.

    The items you've made so far look so lovely and I know there will be plenty more to come :)

    My good wishes to all

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot Woot!! So exciting for you all. I can't believe you managed to make so much in such a short period of time. Did you sleep? All is adorable. Now you can make things more leisurely, as it will take some time for the older stuff. Congrats to you all!
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Right-Mind - the split mind and the two conflicting thought systems is very evident. Compare the two sides to know what you are choosing in any given moment. a course in miracles podcast

    ReplyDelete