Saturday, December 15, 2018

Devastating news

I have been deliberating, swinging back and forth should I post or not?
Does any one want to know or should know, but then as many bloggers say this becomes our own form of a diary so yes here goes.

We have just received such devastating news that at Rebecca´s 20 week scan they have found serious problems with the baby, so much so that even after a second scan today they are saying that the baby would not survive outside the womb.
So with much sole searching and medical advice it has been decided that there is only one course of action. It is all going to happen very quickly, Monday in fact, and I have managed to get a flight out on Sunday to be with them, support them and help.
The medical team have been very supportive, explaining everything, it´s just a horrible process.

They have been told to name the baby as they can have a naming ceremony and there will be a sort of funeral service after.
.
Rebecca told me she is having an angel baby and that God missed her so much that he wanted her back.
A beautiful thought
So we shall say both hello and goodbye to our little Rose
Such a pretty name

Both Antoni and I are allowed to be with Rebecca throughout, which is a comfort to us all.
Such a sad, sad time

take care
xcx

16 comments:

  1. Oh Chrissie, so heartbreaking... my thoughts are with you all.
    Much love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona, its so awful, with everything she has been through and now this. Can´t wait to get over there xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so sorry to hear this terrible news, I can't imagine what you're all going though, and after everything that Rebecca has been through already, it just doesn't seem fair. Sending you all much love and the strength to get through it all xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I think we are going to need huge amounts of strength on Monday xcx

      Delete
  4. Dear Chrissie
    I'm so sorry to hear this news. It is good that you will be able to be together and support each other.
    Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, apparently we have been allocated a deluxe suite to help make it all more comfortable and be together xcx

      Delete
  5. This is awful, for all of you. I wish I knew of some words which could comfort, but if ever there were any, they have deserted me. Rose is a beautiful name. I will be thinking of you.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Elaine, I understand what you mean, just cant find the right words. xcx

      Delete
  6. Oh Chrissie my heart bleeds for you all,nothing i can say that will take your pain away,i am so sorry for you all ,sending lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl, back now so new post soon xcx

      Delete
  7. Oh Chrissie, I'm so very sorry to read this news.
    Words fail me, as there really are none that will take away or ease the pain. Thank goodness you can be all together.

    Sending my thoughts and good wishes to you all at this sad time.

    I think Rose is such a beautiful name.
    God bless

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and good wishes xcx

      Delete
  8. Oh no, so sorry to read this as I made my blog rounds today. By now, you are there with her, and your Monday has come and gone. I'm sure it was a very long day for you all. Thankfully you were all together to support one another. My best to you all. Like all the others before me have said, they really are no words to say that will make things ok. Sadly, time and day to day life is the best medicine for things that cause pain.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me out blog walking again and waving hello.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time to blog again, so waving hello and hoping things are coming along a wee bit for you.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, bless you for popping back, yes it was a very long day and night but little by little eh xcx

      Delete