Monday, February 18, 2019

Blossom and baking

The almond blossom came out in full whilst we were away, always stunning
Now though it has been replaced by the leaves


Rebecca found a recipe on line for chocolate chip cookies, which she made and they were delicious and certainly didn´t last long.
Inspired by her, I made some too, but as chocolate chips are difficult to come by here and expensive when you do, I used block chocolate and just chopped it up, some bits were a little larger, but that just made them even nicer in my opinion as they melted and turned gooey. We both cut the sugar by half and I had to cut the chocolate by 30g and used what I had, still came out yummy.


There were several bread crusts left over so I used these to make a bread pudding, but added a little more spice

I treated myself to a browse in the newagents whilst away and bought a couple of  card/paper magazines. One was quite expensive, but it did come with a book of decoupage pages and loads of different coloured pages, along with sheets of stamps. With lots of ideas to encourage you and also very useful web pages to explore in the end I think it was worth it.



This one was half the price, but still had templates and stamps, enough to explore and play for a while


When we returned on Thursday evening I was in time to place my grocery order online, in fact I could have got it delivered Friday, but decided Saturday would do. It´s great to order all the water and heavy goods without having to shop for it and then lug it back and the guys are so accommodating. So I think it´s turkey curry tonight

take care
xcx



9 comments:

  1. hmmm... now I am hungry looking at your home cooking. You will have lots of fun with your cards. Do you get some almonds off your trees?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All gone now! lol. We do have almonds from the trees, some better crops than others, but we do not have a machine and are really hard on the hands cracking them one by one xcx

      Delete
  2. Hi Chrissie wow your blossoms look so pretty and your bikkies look very yummy,i made some biscuits yesterday too.
    I love my mags ,but i am trying nbot to buy any at the moment,running out of room to store them,enjoy your reading and i hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are so prohibitive in price here so it was nice to treat myself xcx

      Delete
  3. That blossom is stunning, it's just a shame that it's short lived. Yum, those cookies look delicious and I wouldn't mind chunks of chocolate rather than chips, but then I'm a greedy guts! I don't think you mind paying a bit extra for a magazine if you get a free gift which you're going to use. Sometimes it's a load of rubbish that they stick on the front and then it's totally not worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the chunks worked out well, and they certainly didn´t hang around. It is a bit frustrating that they are all wrapped up these days and you can´t see the contents. If I were to subscribe to any of them not only do they hike the price but they refuse to send out the free gifts so it really isn´t worth it. xcx

      Delete
  4. That blossom looks lovely and turkey curry for dinner sounds delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blossom is so pretty, but also a bit of a pain its like trying to sweep up confetti after it drops. I make curry reasonably often, always from scratch using Pataks paste and adding pumpkin, cauli, potatoes and mushrooms, home made chicken stock too makes it tasty and produces enough for another meal afterwards xcx

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely those almond blossoms must be. And with a delightful scent, I'll bet.

    You are in spring, so you must be in the Southern Hemisphere.

    I'm learning! :-)

    ✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete