Friday, March 29, 2019

A bit of P & D

Been rather productive the last couple of days
We are now in the phase of the weather being warm enough to do outside chores without getting frazzled, so I decided to spruce up the lounge courtyard
weeding, sweeping, then painting.
This courtyard doesn´t get the sun during the winter months so the yukky green mould can appear.
so I filled in the cracks then after a bit of a wash of the wall, it was down to the painting
The walls are Not smooth and it makes it rather hard work having to stipple with the brush as I find a roller too heavy
The before
and after


Just needs some new clean gravel, the tiles cleaning and a few plants
Trouble was it left the other walls looking quite shabby
Nothing for it but to do those too, little by little

I also painted the double ironwork gates to the entrance of this space and stair rails leading up to the garden using Hammerite, rather pongy paint!
Somehow my PMA (positive mental attitude) failed me after that, probably because I had over done it a bit so yesterday we decided to go to the spa.
I had two more passes from last years birthday present to use by the end of March, couldn´t waste them and it was beneficial to gently swim in very warm water, helped the aching shoulder and arms muscles.

After, we drove along the coast rode through Moraira, where people were in swimwear on the beach paddling and there´s me in a jacket! and on to a little shopping complex as I had been told a new craft shop had been opened. Well you do have to explore these things!!
Well it certainly wasn´t a Hobbycraft but there were some interesting things and useful to know for the future. I was very restrained and only spent 5.25e and that included a catnip filled mouse for the furries.
We also bought an LED ceiling light for the garage to replace the strip light. We have noticed quite a difference in our lekky bill since changing a couple of years ago to low energy bulbs and LED fittings in the house.

By this time we were ravenous and decided to stop for a spot of very late lunch at Maria´s, as I really couldn´t be asked to cook anything. It also served the purpose of not needing anything else later.
An early night was in order and by 9.30 I was down sheet lane fighting for a spot with two furries!

A new day today, must pace myself though
take care
xcx



9 comments:

  1. The courtyard painting looks great.... it's easy to just do too much and pay for it later. I do like the idea of a spa to soak away the aches.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you its slowly coming on, did more yesterday. I agree is just so easy to get carried away , pacing yourself is never easy. Day off today me thinks! Xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissie wow this is looking fantastic,yes you need to take care of yourself,i find now that i am getting older i need to break my time up and do things alot slower. Soaking in a spa sounds like a great idea,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl, we have such a lot of white walls to paint, little by little xcx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear you over did it, and hope you feel better soon. Are you painting the stone wall? Or is there wood there as well? Couldn't tell. Looks and sounds like hard work.
    sandy's space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I´m ok, The walls are stone and render and tiles, no woodwork thankfully, the hard work will be worth it in the end xcx

      Delete
  6. It's so easy to over do it, and I think most of us do from time to time …
    The courtyard is looking good though.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, the bright walls are bouncing the light back into the lounge now which makes it quite cheerful xcx

      Delete