Monday, May 20, 2019

Busy bees

We have both been very busy with prep for Mum´s birthday party
Chris has been sitting for hours on end at the computer, firstly making a photo album ready to be sent off for printing, then making a narrated video for screening at the do
Last time we were over he took images of the old family photos and even managed to re video some footage of their old cine movies of the 60´s and 70´s.
Using todays technology, he is a whizz at making them look like new by taking out the grainy bits he has even managed to colour her original black and white wedding photo. It starts out in b/w then gently turns into colour.  A bit of clever conversation being used to find out the colours of her bridesmaids dressses and flowers

He has made it into each decade with music suitable for that time, with a short narration, he has even taken a photo of Mum taken when she was in her late teens and at the end of the video this fades and turns into the latest one wishing her a happy birthday.
Think she will be blown away when she sees the video on the day

He is now putting the newspaper together using font from the era and all the research I have done over the weeks. We will then need to get it printed

Me? well I have been busy too, making decorations for the venue, the colour theme is purple, lilacs and silver

I decided to make a flower swag for the buffet table


just need attaching to ribbon now

I am going to make little posies for the tables, I have asked for glass jars to be saved and will decorate them and add coloured water by mixing some acrylic paint in 

In my stash I found some little lacy flowers so sat there separating the gems and putting them in the centers, unfortunately their sticky backs wouldn´t hold them in place when they were moved, so I had a rather laborious job of finding the ones that had pinged off then removing them all and reattaching using a glue gun. Now ready for the jars with some butterflies
Then made a little brooch for Mum to wear

Organza spheres - going to put different colours together ready for hanging

I punched out butterflies and added a little bling, wound organza around an embroidery hoop and made it into a mobile

(cant find that photo at the moment, have to add it later)

I found some really pretty wrapping paper so am hoping to make some paper fans with them. I shall have to make them and then assemble together when we are there

Luck was with me that day as I also found in the chinese bazaar, an English happy birthday banner with balloons attached, thought that could go on the outside patio, 
although the bunting is the wrong colour, it has given me the template, the card is cut just the lettering to do

Right, well I had best be off then and crack on
take care
xcx

13 comments:

  1. Wow, it's all going to be fabulous, you've really gone to town on the celebration, and rightly so. I think everyone will be blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I do hope so, well they will have two choices, take it or leave it lol xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chrissie
    I think you have done a wonderful job on the decorations and the video will prompt some emotional moments, I'm sure. It sounds as though it will be a wonderful celebration.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, Mum is such a lovely person and so deserves for her day to be special xcx

      Delete
  4. Its going to look fabulous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, it will be a challenge travelling with all the stuff so as not to crush it and lots of last minute making when we get there, but I hope it will all work well xcx

      Delete
  5. Hi Chrissie wow Chrissie such beautiful decorations you have made happy birthday to your lovely mum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheryl, still a few weeks to go thank goodness, the time just flashes by xcx

      Delete
  6. Wow, sounds like you'll have quite the party. Congrats to her. I think my brother and I and our spouses took Dad to lunch on his 90th. He didn't want much done. Being with the whole family, grands etc, tired him out too much. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your actual event. Sounds like it's going to be very pretty. Am envious of the video etc you're doing. I scanned tons of photo's and make Dad one of those frames where the picture changes every few seconds. He looked at it once and gave it back to me. I was disappointed by his lack of interest in it. Thought pictures of family and friends always with him would help his memory.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree with you about the photos jogging their memories, the album we have made means she can look through at any time and I´m sure she would have forgotten about many of the really old ones. xcx

      Delete
  7. So lovely to read your post and see your photographs.
    It is going to be absolutely fabulous celebration.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, still got the fans to make, finish the newspaper and bunting......lol xcx

      Delete
  8. Have popped in so many times, hope you're ok. Please sing out if you get back to blogging so we can re-connect.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete