Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Comes in three´s

Our main computer decided to play up, just when certain documents needed to be printed
although we did manage to get the phone to talk to the printer, but it´s amazing just how used you get to it being there at the ready.
Bit like losing the power and automatically reaching for the light switch!
Luckily the guy we took it to fixed it really quickly and for a very very reasonable price, so we are all back up and running again.

That was the third thing to break
The other day whilst in the kitchen, a heavy chopping board crashed down into the plate rack and although I managed to save a mug and dinner plate this one escaped.


solid tiled floors and pyrex plates don´t go, 
it went absolutely everywhere

The second was just a silly really
Having left a knitting project using bamboo needles on the arm of the sofa, I accidently lent on it and heard a crack

It was a baby blanket so had stitches crammed onto it, but I was able to carefully transfer them and pick up the loose ones. Chris has used super glue to fix it, but I´m not sure it will hold, maybe keep it for small projects.

I have been making a baby play quilt to take with me on the next trip
I have hand quilted the ducks and frogs, then began the quilting
I am not very good at free quilting so chose straight lines

All those loose ends to sew in has taken absolutely ages

Then I decided to use my stitch regulator and try free machining on the borders
My machine kept having a hissy fit so its a bit hit and miss
Chris says no one will notice, but I do, I usually unpick when something does wrong, but not on this so I have had to lump it


I had a very persistent furry friend, Felix, who insisted he helped me with the ends oh and trying to chew my scissor fob and didn´t take too kindly to being shoved off as I moved the quilt around.


Bit of a wishy washy photo, but I just have to outer border to hand stitch down now.
Note to self....remember next time just how long it takes to make one of these and double it!!

take care
xcx

3 comments:

  1. These things always seem to happen in threes, don't they? The quilt is fabulous, such a cute design. I bet you can't wait to put it into use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes things always come in threes. I hope you are done with them now. Breaking a knitting needle is so annoying isn't it, I broke one this week too. Your quilt is looking lovely and hope it will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why it is … but things do seem to come in threes don't they!

    The quilt looks so lovely, well done :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete