Thursday, December 5, 2019

Shower party

I am back from being absent (you may or may not have noticed! lol)
I tried using my tablet and phone whilst away but they have different passwords and I couldn´t remember my log in one, so obviously I was unsuccessful in doing any posts or commenting.
Like many of us, I have so many different codes it gets really hard remembering which is which.

A pleasant journey outbound, smooth flight, no lumps and bumps and I met my train connection with half an hour to spare. On inquiring which platform I needed, it was very kindly suggested that I didn´t venture down until 10  minutes to go as there were artic winds blowing down there, sure enough when I did, I think even the penguins would have shivered.
Out over Alicante
We then turned and I snapped our mountain range just in from the coast at Calpe


Unfortunately Rebecca had to work on Friday but I had bits n bobs to get in town, thinking in advance of Christmas presents, so met her for a Japanese lunch, different and tasty and a wonderful opportunity to share and chat. 

Daniel, Shine and the girls arrived early Saturday evening and we spent a lovely evening catching up, sharing a meal and enjoying family time. The girls asked for pencils and paper and spent hours just drawing and colouring, brilliant interacting with them. We even video called ´Grandad¨ which was fun too

Sunday dawned a bright if cold day but we arrived at the baby shower just a little fashionably late.
(Having had a text message to do so as they weren´t quite ready)
The venue was at the Harvester but in a side private room, plenty big enough for our gathering but cozy.

There was a buffet, which I must say kept the 25 odd guests well fed as they kept coming to top it up with a superb range of dishes to suit all tastes 
The decorations were brilliant too

as you can see from the table there were a few fun games to participate in too, although I must admit quite a few (men) by passed the nappy one lol, it looked gross but basically different baby foods were spread on the nappies and you had to guess the food. Nothing wrong in that but just not an everyday occurance - smelling nappies lol, interestingly the ladies got more right than the gents!
Guess the quantity of socks in the jar had really wild results as did guess the date and weight
another was telling the difference between a beer belly and a pregnant one, that one got the most debates

This was fun too, a great way to make people relax and not be po faced, everyone had a go in ´the frame´

Basically light hearted, fun, relaxed and a good time had by all
Then of course the cake
Daniel and Shine brought the cake, delicious Filipino recipe

Beautiful gifts, wonderful sentiments and more importantly sharing the day with the people that mattered, a superb day filled with laughter, family and friendship, such a happy day, so many memories made.
They loved the play mat

The most touching was all Rebecca´s girls (workmates) from the floor (departments) at John Lewis, how despite all the traumas and heartache she has endured over the past few years, they all would miss her sunshine, radiance, calming ability, wisdom and soothing vibes.
Oh my gosh that nearly floored me, talk about blink quickly 

As people drifted away and the clear up began Daniel and Antoni decided to sport bumps too, although no balloons were hurt during this process, I would like to point out that they were both told if only it was that easy!!

Then the hard part of saying cherrio to Daniel, Shine and the girls,

Probably a good place to stop before you all start yawning
Me, well I´m remembering and welling a bit, so
take care
xcx

8 comments:

  1. REbecca is looking wonderful.... such a lovely event - so glad you got to go...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I went over too, such a lovely happy day and as you say she does look well doesn´t she. xcx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful day, and Rebecca is glowing, she looks fabulous. It sounds like you all had lots of fun, and so nice to have all your loved ones around you. The cake looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a brilliant day, so many wonderful memories stored. I only had a little taste as it was covered in cream but the cake was so light in texture, they use different ingredients including yams. xcx

      Delete
  3. Rebecca looks amazing, full of glow. It sounds like a wonderful day was had by all, such fun! I am glad to hear that you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she really looks well, only home for a little while then back off again, on standby with case at the ready! xcx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day you all had … more special memories to store :)
    Rebecca looks lovely, great photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete