Friday, December 13, 2019

Update

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments.

They were erring to perhaps let her go home yesterday or today, but the cultures came back and revealed that whatever bug/virus had started this has been completely overrun by the fact she now has blood poisoning.
Basically which they gave her by putting the cannula in
the first line of treatment is penicillin, which she can´t have being allergic to it, so next its IV antibiotics which will take longer to control it, so her proposed going home has now turned into 12 more days in hospital
Her first thought was if its in my blood then the baby is sharing that, but they didn´t seem concerned about that.
I appreciate they don´t want to worry her but we have been through so much what with the chemo etc, then Rose, we are people who wish to know, not to worry, but just to be informed.

It´s not a very nice place to be in right now, and of course we have Rose´s birthday on
Wednesday, I certainly don´t want her to be on her own on that day as Antoni will be working in London.
I think I have made an executive decision to just go

take care
xcx


6 comments:

  1. I think you're doing the right thing. The first person we want in these situations is our mum, I'm sure Rebecca will appreciate you being there with her. Hope all goes well, do keep us informed if and when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being with Rebecca is the best place you can be. I do hope they can sort out the blood poisoning soon, such a worry for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Chrissie
    I think it's the right thing too. She'll be happier knowing you are there for support and you'll be happier being on the spot. Hope all goes well.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to go..... all the best...xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie oh dear your poor girl,yes go and i also wish her all the best,safe travels my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree with Jo, when she said "I think you're doing the right thing. The first person we want in these situations is our mum"
    So go and safe travels …
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete