Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Traveling

I arrived here Friday
What a long day
It began at 5.15 am, an easy airport run but with an hour delay in the plane arriving
 Flight was a bit bumpy but fine
Next problem was the train connection
Trainline stated I had to get to Clapham junction and change but after collecting my tickets they were calling for all Reading passengers so I joined the group
We were taken to a waiting coach  for a 75 minute trip
Unfortunately all the major routes were  grid locked M25, A3 M3 M4 so we were taken cross country
With so many other motorists having the same idea it was  chaotic
I did enjoy the ride through the country side, passing through and remembering old haunts. But the tiny villages were struggling to cope with the volume
After nearly two and a half hours we finally reached a tiny station outside Guildford
Whilst it had it mod cons it was reminiscent of a traditional old station
At least it was warm inside as we had a 45 minute wait for the one train shuttling between Reading and Ashvale

Another 35 minutes on the train brought me to my destination  at 5.30pm
Luckily Rebecca and Antoni were able to collect me
My goodness what a long day traveling
Apparently both line and bridge works were to blame
However it was so lovely to see Rebecca and collect the first of many hugs

I accompanied her on Saturday for her midwife appointment, where everything was fine.
It's such a shame though, when I left her in November she was glowing happy, and looking great, but now you could see the toll the blood infection, medication and stress the treatment has caused her.
Being in mother hen mode it makes me really cross that through incompetence they have robbed her of her last week's enjoyment and stress free before bubba arrives

What's done is done so we have been pottering along making baby's room cozy, defrosting the freezer, cleaning the fridge and all the little jobs that will make the next few weeks easier.

I think we shall have a nice meal at home tonight, whether we stay up remains to be seen, but what ever you are doing, enjoy and I wish you a Happy New Year
Take care
Xcx

5 comments:

  1. What a long day travelling, you must have been worn out. I can understand your annoyance at the way Rebecca has been treated, not what you'd expect someone to have to go through, but I'm sure the memory of it will fade when the baby arrives. Wishing you all a happy new year and all the very best for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you have made it safely albeit after a long a tortuous journey. You can breath out now as you are where you need to be at this time. I am sorry to hear that Rebecca has continued to be treated so badly, I do hope the baby arrives safely and all that will fade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got there.... the long way around… have a lovely time....xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, that is a long day travelling.
    But you are there now, and that is good :)

    My good wishes to you all.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Moving from New York City to San Francisco

    ReplyDelete