Thursday, January 30, 2020

In the garden

The sun has been shining and hardly any breeze,
Been back in the garden again, pruning the roses and generally trying to  weed whilst the soil is still pliable, the huge clumps of couch grass were beyond me and even Chris struggled to dig them out, but now we are ready to go to the cooperative and get the tomato and pepper plugs
A cheeky Robin decided to flit about which was really nice to see.
Just before I went over to the UK one kept hopping from the branches and banging into the dressing room window, they say that means loved ones are near, whether this is true it certainly gave a pleasant feeling.

Joining on the band wagon with regard to daffodils, Rebecca gave me a couple of bunches just after Theo was born, One bunch was slightly open whilst the other was tightly closed, they soon came out and gave such a cheery look, along with their delightful scent. Then one of her friends gave her a couple of bunches of beautiful tulips and they looked stunning  together, so I was able to enjoy them before I left. 

 Rebecca asked me for another blanket, the in between size as she was using it to swaddle Theo, so that is what is on the needles at present, I am so pleased that they have been useful, so nice to be able to sit in the naya enjoying the sunshine and still be productive.
It´s hard to believe Theo is 3 weeks old tomorrow, the beauty of technology is receiving photos and I can see the differences even now.

Can´t wait for our next visit.

take care
xcx

9 comments:

  1. The gardening season will be starting all over again very soon with the sowing of seeds and planting out seedlings. The flowers are beautiful, such lovely colours together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the co op didn´t have their usual range, perhaps its just a tad early even for here. xcx

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful, I itch to be able to be outside in the garden, but Jan/Feb/March are months for inside, so I read, knit and make crochet blankets. My daughter has 2 for baby Will who is 10 weeks old. It is hard to be far from family and new babies, but wonderful to be able to face time and have loads of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have read baby George, Will is big brother, fuzzy nanna brain here.

      Delete
    2. We are trying to do a little each day to keep on top of it, we shall see. It´s lovely to have hand made blankets that come with so much love, Rebecca loves the way they wash and dry quickly whilst still being soft. Yes I agree, so difficult, I have made a special photo folder so I can keep Theo´s photos all together. xcx

      Delete
  3. It is lovely keeping up to date with littlies.. they grow so fast...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, I can´t believe he is 3 weeks old already xcx

      Delete
  4. Three weeks wow that went quickly! Daffodils and tulips are my favourite flowers, you are right they do look wonderful together. My mum knitted my children a blanket each when they were babies, they were biggish ones but not big enough for a full size bed. They still use them now although they don't cover them up anymore they just love them and don't want to part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s lovely when something hand made is cherished and used as the children grow. I´m sure it brings comfort no matter how old they are xcx

    ReplyDelete