Sunday, February 2, 2020

Oranges and lemons

My goodness, February already!
It seems it was only yesterday I was heading off to the UK to welcome little Theo into the world and now he is 3 weeks old!

We went into town on Friday, but the co op didn´t really have much choice on the pluglets
perhaps it is a little too soon, even for here, so we will keep popping in to see what they have.
Each year I find it quite enchanting to see the trees in town are laden with bright colourful oranges.


Our next door neighbour has a very large bougainvillea growing up his front wall.
The colours are beautiful, although dare I say it does need a little prune, it was from this bush that I dried loads of the flowers ready to use for confetti for Rebecca´s and Antoni´s wedding. My gosh and that was nearly three and a half years ago!
(the photo really doesn´t do it justice though)
He also has a large lemon tree which he very kindly shares and they taste totally different.

I tackled another part of the garden yesterday, this is an area where all the fallen fig leaves seem to accumulate and although we have weed suppressing membrane down it doesnt stop the seeds germinating on top of the gravel.
I totally filled this huge container, squishing everything to get it all in, it was formally used on Antoni´s late fathers´ fishing boat for the catch, I´m just glad I don´t have to move it!

So I think a bit of an easier day is called for today
A few chores then perhaps a spell of knitting

Thought I would leave you with a photo taken just before I left having given Theo his little rabbit.
(Just to say it was taken out straight after the photo and is being kept for when he is older)

take care
xcx

13 comments:

  1. Well you've certainly got better weather there than we have here, I woke at 5am to rain lashing on the window. It's been very mild though and our grass is ready for a cut already, though it's far too wet to do anything about it. Awww, I bet you're counting down the days until you get to see Theo again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it´s been quite nice, much warmer. That makes that first grass cut difficult when it gets too long. Certainly counting the days, just hope with the current situation we are able to travel xcx

      Delete
  2. Blue skies how I miss them, love the little rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s quite strange as even when its cloudy it doesn´t seem to be sitting on top of your head like in the UK. Thank you, I made sure he was safe but you never know what kids will do, so I´ve asked them to keep it for a bit. You never know he might get a few more little friends to go with him, as I´ve bought different yarns. xcx

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely over there - we could all do with some sunshine and blue skies! Theo's rabbit is very sweet.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s certainly cheered up after that huge storm, amazing how a little sunshine and blue skies can lift the spirit. I think a little elephant would be nice to go with the rabbit xcx

      Delete
  4. The rabbit is lovely but, oh, little Theo is gorgeous. Adorable baby. I hope it won't long until you are able to cuddle him again.
    We had an hour of sunshine this afternoon - it had an immediate effect, the world became a better place, for an hour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m so glad you had some sunshine, albeit brief, perks you up no end. Rebecca is sending photos and little clips of Theo, not the same but certainly keeps us up to date xcx

      Delete
  5. well done with the gardening.... natural confetti is so much prettier... Theo looks very contented... with his lovely rabbit...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I investigated buying delphinium confetti but the cost was prohibitive so that´s why I made our own, yes, he lays and coos, so cute xcx

      Delete
  6. How lovely to make natural confetti, I guess it was petals originally. Such a gorgeous picture of Theo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little laborious, drying and dismantling the blooms, removing the stamens, but it seemed the sensible thing to do as we had all the sunshine to dry them. I mixed them with some rose petals and lavender flowers. Much more eco friendly. We also printed personalised boxes and made those too, presented in a wicker basket. I love receiving daily photos and clips of Theo, makes me smile xcx

      Delete
  7. That is such a sweet photograph of Theo …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete