Sunday, February 16, 2020

Fun but practical

Firstly, apologies for not replying to your lovely comments on my post of Theo´s one month birthday,  I am certainly counting down the days, can´t wait for some Grandma hugs and daughter cuddles too. Today is the first day for a week I have felt human again. Chris went down with a nasty cold and bless him, he kindly shared it, I did say he didn´t have to share everything!

Today I received a message sent about 5am from Rebecca, not that I saw it that early, she was obviously up with Theo, anyway she sent a link and said Mum I know you are clever, (flattery gets her everywhere) could you make some of these for Theo please.

Well Theo is brilliant at doing what all little boys do when you take their nappy off, usually resulting in a complete outfit change etc and a face full if you are not careful
I checked out the link, thought what a good idea, yep can do some of those
I also checked out the usual one stop, very large company that supplies all and found that they wanted 9.99 for 3 with different variations, no way! with a little time, patience and a good rummage through the stash, we could do this

So I set too, 
I was pleased as it took me out of feeling sorry for myself and gave me something to focus on that was useful and removed some of the cotton wool that had somehow replaced my brain

What on earth is she talking about, you may ask.....

Well they are called pee pee teepees or wee wee wigwams, take your pick



Little production line

They are basically one piece of cotton and one of toweling and they do pass the water test (pardon the pun) I used a syringe to test them
So with a certain piece of anatomy encased, hopefully it will help

I also finished off the little blanket that she asked for, ran out of yarn, but hope its ok, so I am going to send a little parcel off tomorrow, I know I can take them over with me but it´s always nice to get a little something in the post and then she doesn´t have to wait so long

this is folded in 4

I shall await the results of the wigwams!

I do hope that all of you in the Uk are ok after the devastating storm Dennis
take care
xcx




10 comments:

  1. haha, I have never heard or seen the wigwams.... and I love the blanket you made. Glad you are feeling better, these colds and flu's can knock it out of us...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I, I certainly hope they work, really simple but effective idea if they do. xcx

      Delete
  2. Sorry you've been unwell, and hope you are well on the mend now.

    Those wigwams seem a very good idea, and the blanket you've made looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little by little, takes so long to feel right again. Rebecca wanted a blanket that was wide enough to swaddle, hope it fits the bill xcx

      Delete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon. Goodness, they think of everything these days. I remember those days very well where you had to quickly grab a cloth to avoid getting a squirt in the eye, haha. I'm sure Rebecca will be pleased with those, and the lovely blanket too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are so many things out there that were never around when my two were little, some seem to be not very practical but others are, just thought they were expensive to buy. The parcel was sent with any luck it may arrive for Thursday xcx

      Delete
  4. I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell, I am glad to hear that you are feeling a little better now. Love the little wigwams, hope Rebecca finds them useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super sweet aren´t they, my only thought was he is such a little wriggler will they stay put? xcx

      Delete
  5. Dear Chrissie
    Hope you will soon feel fully recovered. The teepees seem like a very good idea!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I shall report back on her findings xcx

      Delete